• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S v2 Athlon XP 2400 Unlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

major_ice

Hello

I have an NF7-S v2 and an amd athlon xp 2400 processor. I've been trying to overlock but it gets stuck at 15x148. I have tried chaning the multiplier but the speed in ghz stays the same, so I assume its locked maybe. Anyone have more info on whether this is true, or how to unlock?

Thanks

Unless you bought a Xp 2400 Mobile, the chip you have is Superlocked. You cannot change the multiplier in any way. You can continue to increase the FSB though. If your RAM is the reason you cannot raise the FSB anymore then you can use a divider even though the preformance hit from running your ram Out of Sync with your Processor FSB is great enough that you would probably be better to run a lower clockspeed with the RAM in sync.

Yeah sounds like its locked. Just give it some juice and keep upping the FSB. I got my old 2400xp FSB to 153Mhz @ 1.75v which is a clock freq of 2.3Ghz.

Back