• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S2 available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
So is this a new NF7-S, or is this the Revision 2 that lots of people have. I would wonder outloud why there would be a "new" board, with XP cpus being close to entry level these days. I know that there is a new nForce 2 chipset, with the enhanced lan capabilities, but I didn't see anything about that in the product description. Did I miss it?

RedDawg41

you might notice that excaliberpc's pic of the new board, shows no cooler on the northbridge, the 3phase mosfets are out... instead of 6 mosfets there appears to be only four visible. the ide placements are now facing out to the front of the board(like the AN7) and the overall size of the board looks smaller. just my 2cents

stick with what you know works. wait for the reviews to take a look at this board before buying it.

100mbHD

no no no.....this is an NF7-S2. NOT an NF7-S v2.0. Its a completely different model. That picture is the same picture from abit's website. it does in fact, come with a fan on the NB and a passive heatsink on the SB. but what i noticed from excalibers site is that the NF7-S2 is $74 as opposed to the NF7-S v2.0 which is $85. This makes me wonder, is the NF7-S2 a cheaper or skimmed down model of the great NF7-S??

Docta_Z

That's a whole lotta USBing one could do with that.

By the sounds it of, it's simply cheaper alternative w/o the option of sound?

I haven't seen any advertised yet, perhaps it has slimmed down LAN too?

Ramlaen

bought one of these boards, will give some feedback when it arrives on tuesday/wensday

ap673

Ya no multi adjustments, and only cas2.5 is available. Many people are disappointed, but this looks like a sell-out version of the orignal for suckers.

Cyrix_2k

ap673 said:
Ya no multi adjustments, and only cas2.5 is available. Many people are disappointed, but this looks like a sell-out version of the orignal for suckers.
Could a hacked BIOS possibly fix this?

Sterculus

Darn, an improved version of the mighty NF7-S would have been sweet. I saw this a little while ago, and wondered that exact question. I'm saddened that it appears to be a rip-off, without much worth. Perhaps if a good hacked BIOS comes out to fix the multi problem it will offer better things, but it doesn't look worth much at all currently :(