• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nForce 2 to be released in Europe!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

According to Xbitlabs, the Leadtek board without onboard graphics will arrive in Europe. Translation (using altavista :)) of the French site states that :

The first motherboard nForce2 arrive and they are proposed by Leadtek!

Morex distributor of the mark Leadtek informs us that WinFAST K7NCR18D Pro a board based on the chipset nForce2-St which associates the SPP (Northbrige deprived of graphic functions) Mcp-t will be available as of Tuesday very limited morning in quantity.

WinFAST K7NCR18D Pro marketed at the advised public price of 149 Euros including all taxes.

Wonder where the American boards are...

Tipycol

Last edited:
whats the big hurry????

all reports i have read indicate the NForce stuff is just barely equal to what is offered right now by VIA, performance wise.

of course, it does have the 1/6 divider.

i equate the frenzy to first year model buying with cars, the first issue always sucks, the second revison usually gets much closer to right.

same for the AMD arena.

baldy:cool:

Re: whats the big hurry????

bldegle2 said:
all reports i have read indicate the NForce stuff is just barely equal to what is offered right now by VIA, performance wise.

of course, it does have the 1/6 divider.

i equate the frenzy to first year model buying with cars, the first issue always sucks, the second revison usually gets much closer to right.

same for the AMD arena.

I'm not sure what you've read but from what I've read it is 15-20% better than the KT333 in most things. To you it might not be much but to me, going from a PII(what I mostly use due to no virus protection yet on PIII), I want to make sure I get the bests that's out. Plus I would like to see a board with Dual DDR, even if it's not true Dual DDR.

Tipycol

New thing at Xbitlabs. It compares the KT400 and nForce 2 chipsets. Seems like the Asus nForce 2 can only go to a 200MHz fsb, though I wonder if that is just pre-production or actual chipset specifications.

Tipycol

NForce

i am telling you, do some reading into the chipset and read more than one or two reviews.

again, from what i have read, it is on par with the VIA offerings right now, albeit the 1/6 divider.

bandwagon frenzy abounds.

here's some linkage so you can compare.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/mainboards/nforce2-kt400/index2.html#9

anyway, there is no 15% to 20% improvement with the NForce setup. if anything, maybe a slight edge to the NForce.

whatever.

Last edited:
Re: NForce

bldegle2 said:
i am telling you, do some reading into the chipset and read more than one or two reviews.

again, from what i have read, it is on par with the VIA offerings right now, albeit the 1/6 divider.

bandwagon frenzy abounds.

here's some linkage so you can compare.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/mainboards/nforce2-kt400/index2.html#9

anyway, there is no 15% to 20% improvement with the NForce setup. if anything, maybe a slight edge to the NForce.

whatever.

Well I dunno about how much better it will be, but I just need to find out how it will actually perform. Even if it is on-par with VIA, the 6th divider and pci/agp bus locks are something that VIA doesn't have, and there will be a market for them. Still, I would like to find out how an actual production board will be

Tipycol

nForce 2's are looking to be more expensive than we first thought Xbitlabs

Onboard vid will cost less than one with serial ata and firewire and no onboard vid :(?

Tipycol

Tipycol said:
According to Xbitlabs, the Leadtek board without onboard graphics will arrive in Europe. Translation (using altavista :)) of the French site states that :

Available in France on tuesday? Someone find me a shop that is selling them and I will take a day off from work, drive there, and buy one. I'm serious... Paris is a 2hr drive from where I am.

Re: Re: nForce 2 to be released in Europe!

Opie420 said:

Available in France on tuesday? Someone find me a shop that is selling them and I will take a day off from work, drive there, and buy one. I'm serious... Paris is a 2hr drive from where I am.

I don't think you should get this board, due to the fact that there are no reported options for multipliers in the bios. If that doesn't matter, then it's up to you if you want it. The Asus one, however, will have them.

Back