• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nforce2 for the HAMMER, dream come true!??!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h0mersimps0n

LINK

According to Anandtech these boards are ready and willing to be produced. Just waiting on AMD to mass produce the processors. Boy if AMD could clean up their act or do a surprise early release that sure would get INTEL back on its toes... COME ON AMD STOP LETTING US DOWN!

attack

AS good as this seems, by the time hammer is released nforce2 won't be the top chipset out. It's cool that nvidia is showing support for the hammer though.

Atleast there is an actual board that can be tested, that's a start, I hope AMD will pull something off, but I have a feeling it will be a while, the northwood architecture is running low, but I think prescott will be here before hammer.

Mambo

Obviously it's not the same exact chipset as nforce2, the processors have completely different architectures, that would be like saying you could solder a 478 socket onto an nforce board and run a p4

I think what they mean by nforce2 for hammer is it will have similar support for things like dual lan, soundstorm, integrated video option etc

That being said it's quite likely that the baseline performance of that chipset is far above what the current nforce2 can offer just because of the platform it has to work

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
Considering Hammer has an integrated memory controller... don't [email protected] your pants over this. Like mentioned above, basically all it means is that it'll have all the features that an nForce southbridge usually brings to the game... LAN, nice audio, etc....