• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce2 or Kt400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

which is better for over clockering nforce2 or kt400 and which one would use a 2700+ better(aka the new amd chip not out with 333fsb)????

tragic_monkey

nforce 2 as you can adjust diff part seperatly giving you more chance of getting higher FSB's and it has dual ddr (which is debatable as to whether or not it will increase your performance as FSB's can only go so high with an AMD chip). Also the 1/6 divider dosn't work on the KT400. So its either Nforce2 or KT400a which is set to be released early 2003

OP
wildbilly2k

wildbilly2k

yeah i just now relized that when i went to look at prices:( :( :(

i guess im going to have to go with the kt400 but after deep concideration i think that may be the better choice. Either abit kd7-raid or asus a7v8x. what you guys think?

none1

I got a new MSI KT4VL, $85 for KT400 with integrated sound and lan, search for MSI KT4 there's been a bunch of discussions on this board.

Its here now, its cheap and regularly OCs to 170 or so.

Good luck