• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nforce2 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

I kno wyou need 2 "identical" RAM modules to run Dual DDr, but how "Identical" do they have to be? Do they just have to be the same amount of megs and pcXX00?, or do they also have to be the same brand? Any other requirements?

OP
TheFrag

TheFrag

does it only support pc3200? COuldnt I just double the bandwith of two sticks of pc2700? On the EPOX site, the cheaper Nforce2 board (the one everyone is talking about[I forgot the name]) says that it supports pc3200. Also, is there a reason why this mobo s so cheap compared to the other ones that are out? Can some one explain to me why it is so cheap?

OP
TheFrag

TheFrag

thnx. That is what I thoguht, bt it wasn't listed that it could support naything below. can anyone help me out wit my other questions?

hassmh

Registered
Any DDR will probably work, just a question of how well. If you get good name brand stuff, you shouldn't have a problem. Two sticks of the same make, model, size, rating would be best because you'd expect them to both work about the same. Anything different and one of the two sticks will probably limit how much you can OC. If you didn't OC, then anything rated for the speed you're running should be fine.