• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nforce2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would say just wait a little while longer. Why you say?

1. Most motherboards have some kinks in the first revision of the board.

2. Later versions sometimes overclock better than the earlier ones.

3. Rumors of a new stepping for the Nforce 2 SPP. (supposedly able to clock to 250fsb, 500ddr)

4. You will know what to realistically expect from the board after some others do the guinnea pig thing.

5. There are no reviews out that use an unlocked CPU so many of the review Overclocks are limited by the cpu. (may change by the time you read this)

6. Prices should only go down after some more boards come out and you will have a better idea of which one is really the best.

What do you mean unlock, isn't NF2 the same with Kt400? Like as long as you are using a tbred, you can use all the multipilers, right?

i second werewolf, if you can wait a little longer hold your horses. But if you must buy now get the ASUS, C.O.P and AGP/PCI divisor are tha sh*t ;)

i'm facing the same dilemma, but i don't see how the epox may be a better overclocker, if they have the same options wouldn't it just depend on your processor and ram? and does the epox have sata?

EPoX has been producing extremely high quality overcloking boards lately so we're expecting a lot from their NForce2 board. Unfortunately it doesnt look it'll have PCI lock =( that would be very bad...

Yeah... after checking a certain forum, I see that it does not have a PCI lock. And a certain Epox person refuses to answer whether the board has a 1/6 divisor. And they're banning anyone who asks the question again. :( This indicates to me that the board probably only has the 1/5 divisor... disappointing.

I just want to know how people are doing with the A7N8X.....

Caffinehog said:

I just want to know how people are doing with the A7N8X.....

I'm enjoying mine thoroughly. When my replacement 3200 comes in on Monday, I plan on dropping my multiplier into the single digit range and OCing the FSB like no one's business :) I hope to do at least 215 by 9 or something to that effect.

~THT

Back