• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NFS:U LAN games now possible !!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeXenViRii

http://www.buildersedge.org/NFS/page.php?id=7

It also really works :D

sHape oF gReY said:
Well, just fired this sucker up last night with a few buddies. The Mod worked great. We only had a few minor problems with clients not seeing the server but that was fixed by manualy typing in the IP of the server.

This is a MUST GET :D

~peace

PS the machine running the server must also run the client side if they want to participate.

Last edited:
hey MTA is prety cool im going to check this out though and post back how it works as we got a little christmas lan going

How well does it handle LAN play? I'm interested in grabbing that mod for the next LAN party I go to. Any opinions yet???

Anybody try this out yet? I probably wouldnt have even bought the game if I had realized that there wasnt LAN support built in. Hopefully this mod works ok so that I can recommend the game to my buddies for LAN play. Most of us dont have broadband yet since it isnt widely available in our area yet (in the sticks).

Well, just fired this sucker up last night with a few buddies. The Mod worked great. We only had a few minor problems with clients not seeing the server but that was fixed by manualy typing in the IP of the server.

~peace

PS the machine running the server must also run the client side if they want to participate.

sHape oF gReY said:

~peace

Just a quick question , were u running the game stock or did u upgrade it to newer versions ?

HeXenViRii said:

Just a quick question , were u running the game stock or did u upgrade it to newer versions ?

I was running the server and my install was updated, but my buddies were running theirs stock. As weird as this may sound we didnt have any version compatibility issues. Although one of my friends computers cooling did spring a leak, but that was because of a loose hose-clamp :p but he was quick enough to get it under control before any serious damage was done.

Everyone had a blast, I havent been glued to my comp for 7 hourrs strairght in a long time :D

~peace

This game keeps sounding better and better. At first the no LAN thing was a detterent but now that this is out I think I will buy it. Dunno if I will get it for PC though, might get it for XBox.

SniperXX said:
I cant wait til I get it. Im supposed to be getting it for christmas, my racing wheel is ready to go.. :D

i had a racing wheel ... its not all its cracked up to be , i think i used it for like 1 week :D anybody wanna buy a racing wheel ???

Hex,

Can you choose any of the races then to race against others? (Drag or Circuit/Sprint) and any of the maps? I think drags would be pretty sweet in LAN :p I haven't played online yet from all the crap stories I've heard of everyone having trainers...

Also, were all the computers in your lan who played similar speeds? When I played Midnight Club 2 with my friends, I was shocked to find that the slower the computer, the slower the car went! Granted, my friend was on a fairly crappy P3 with a GF3 card, but it was still playable! But believe it or not, even though we were using the same car, my "car" went much faster than his. Just to be sure he didn't suck :p we switched computers, and same, the car on my computer went much faster. It killed all hope for MC2 Lan Parties :(

HeXenViRii said:

i had a racing wheel ... its not all its cracked up to be , i think i used it for like 1 week :D anybody wanna buy a racing wheel ???

what wheel? PM me if its a logitech, or it it has force feedback :)

Back