• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NIC installation problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

I am trying to install a new NIC card in my bros PC. It is a 3Com OfficeConnect NIC (Model# 3CSOHO100-TX). Whenever I install the drivers, it gives me the following message in the device manager window.

"The NDIS.VXD, NTKERN.VXD device loader(s) for this device cannot load the device driver"

Ive removed the device and reinstalled it several times. I even formatted the hard drive, and reinstalled it. And I still get that message. Plz help me!

OP
CalsonicGTR

CalsonicGTR

they are the drivers that came with the card. The latest drivers for the card that I found were published in 1998

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
That sounds like the drivers are for a different os to me, somehow...
What os does the pc you are using have and is that listed as a supported os?

Have you tried other drivers at all? If you are using W2K or XP then NT4 drivers may work- Win9x drivers are less likely to work properly in my experience, although sometimes they are better.

Another thing you can try if all else fails is to use generic ne2000 drivers if that is listed in the os.