• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NIC problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wonko The Sane

I've been having problems with my network card lately. I have a linksys lne100 tx in a win 2k machine. it randomly looses comunication with everything on my network. it doesn't loose link, and i can ping my address and the loopback address from my computer. if i release my IP address, i'm not able to get another from my router (linksys bfsr 411). I've checked to make sure there's no IRQ/DMA/IO conflicts, and reinstalling the drivers. I'ts only been doing this since the last time i reinstalled windows. the system is overclocked (PCI is at 31.9 MHZ) but didn't give me this problem before at same PCI speed. any help/ideas are appreciated. thanks in advance.

fade2black

Do you have a different NIC to try in the PC? That might answer your question on weather or not it's the NIC or the PCI slot. You could also try a different slot, that has worked for me in the past too.

- Fade