• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nice mouse mod! take a look...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
S

ShadowFolder

update.jpg

hehe!

Morbid

Nitpicker
I can't begin to stress how old that is... lol

Still pretty cool, though. No pun intended.

LittlePiggie

mbentley said:

oh i believe it should :) i think i might have a han solo action figure from back in the day :)

Nonononono. Han Solo was frozen CARBONITE, a brownish gray substance, not a Cryo chamber!!!

notasparagus

frostmeister said:
cool :) I modded my mouse - the first mod I did - nothing too drastic, just a respray in blue metallic, and a blue LED.

Do you have any tracking problems? I was thinking about adding a blue in addition to the red which is in my mouse.

frostmeister

Ahh - the LED I fiddled with is in the back for lighting purposes only. I cant say if there'd be any tracking problems with a blue LED replacement on the main tracking system. You may find that the camera (which is basically what it is) is most sensitive to red and or longer wavelengths, which might mean that a blue LED is out of the question. On the other hand, a blue LED might work. This is based on the principle that if you press the buttons on a remote control, a digital camera or video camera will see it, even though you cant, as the CCD is sensitive to infrared light. As red is closest in the spectrum, that may be why they use it. I might be going into it too deeply though. I'll try it and see, as I have a couple of optical mice laying around to experiment with.