• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R_Benson14

Registered
Hello everyone. I just got done building my gaming PC. Went to start it up everything lit up along with some lights on the motherboard itself, first red then it changed to yellow, and then to green. After a few seconds the green light went off. I sat there for a while and I have received no display on my monitor. Checked all the cables to ensure everything was plugged in and snug, they were. I had the monitor plugged into the graphics card the first time, then when that showed no results, plugged it into the mobo. Still no display. Ensured that my monitor was on the correct display channel, yet no display still. Anyone have any idea why I’m not getting any display? Yes I have my graphics card plugged into my PSU, and yes my mother board is plugged into the PSU as well, both the 8 pin and 24 pin connectors. Can anyone help?

Here is my build list:

Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-f gaming
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2060

Try using a different cable. Do you happen to have an old monitor to test with? Unfortunately its either a monitor, mobo or cable problem from what youve described.

Try using a different cable. Do you happen to have an old monitor to test with? Unfortunately its either a monitor, mobo or cable problem from what youve described.

Well, I did try a few different cables and monitors, and got the same result. However, about 5 minutes after I posted this, I decided to give it one more try and just like magic, I got a display and was able to access the bios. Not really sure what happened, but I have tested it numerous times by turning it off and back on, and now I get a display without failure. The next step for me is to figure out where I can download aura sync, and which program is best for me to monitor my temperatures. Do you know a good software for viewing system temps?

Well, I did try a few different cables and monitors, and got the same result. However, about 5 minutes after I posted this, I decided to give it one more try and just like magic, I got a display and was able to access the bios. Not really sure what happened, but I have tested it numerous times by turning it off and back on, and now I get a display without failure. The next step for me is to figure out where I can download aura sync, and which program is best for me to monitor my temperatures. Do you know a good software for viewing system temps?
You get Aura Sync at the webpage for your motherboard along with other drivers and software.

If you just want temperatures, use Coretemp.

Back