• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no Granite Bay for Xmas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

csu

Granite Bay Is Going To Be Expensive

This Inquirer article talks about Granite Bay mobos being twice as expensive as usual. While $300 is probably too high as U.S. price, something around $200 for a barebones GB, $250 with all the bells and whistles is probably likely.

The impression I get is that Intel wants to sell 845PEs for Christmas, and doesn't want to bring dual channel to the masses until Springfield next, well, spring.

From a bang-for-the-buck perspective, it's hard to justify an additional $100 for about a 7% performance improvement.

so I guess I can't get an Asus granite bay board in Xmas. :(

imgod2u

Asus's Granite Bay board is already sampling and in production if I recall. Intel plans to have Granite Bay be the new top of the line flagship board with all the bells and whistles while the i845e and i845g chipsets be the "budget" lines. It will be announced somewhere around Nov 17th I think so we'll just have to wait and see.