• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No heatsinks with gf3 ti200 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Devious

Registered
I bought an Asus 8200 gf3 ti200 yesterday , I was intending to overclock the card a bit .
On the way home I noticed on the box that the card had no RAM heatsinks and the gpu fan was very small .
I turned around and went back to the shop to exchange (which they weren't to happy about ) and they said only the ti500's have the huge fan and heatsinks.

Is this correct ?

I noticed there was a box for an original Elsa gladiac GF3 and it showed the card on the box with nice big orb type fan and large green heatsinks so I decided to spent another £30 and bought it.

When I got home and opened it up the card had a regular fan but the heatsinks were not the large green ones as shown on the box , but smaller black ones . In fact the card didn't look anything like the one on the box.

Is this normal ? I have kept the card anyway and seems pretty good but I feel after paying that much money I have been cheated slightly. Mabey the cards are differenet in the UK ?

no they should be the same as the States cards but the thing about the hs, it all depends on the maker of the card. For instance, Leadtek has a HUGE all in one hs that covers like half the card. Visiontek has normal ramsinks on and a decent hs on the gpu but it has a nice fan while the leadtek fan is kinda small. Was the store a local store or was it a chain? Anyway looked it up and the ASUS doesn't come with RAM sinks. Do have a digital camera so you can show us what the elsa card looks like? Is the Elsa model number Elsa Gladiac920? Is the card completely different from the card on the box?

BTW yes in all the cards i can think of the "higher power" the card is the better hs on it. The best example of that is Leadtek. Their Ti500 has a huge hs that covers half the card, it covers the ram and gpu all in one. but their Ti200 doesn't even have ram sinks. The best example of the opposite of this is Visiontek. From their Ti200 to their Ti500 the only difference is pretty much the fan on the hs(the Ti500 does have a little bigger hs but not much). Even my Visiontek GeForce2 Ti has good RAM sinks and a nice hs/f on the gpu.

Last edited:
We aren't carrying the Asus Ti's just yet, but the regular GF3-8200V's have huge heatsinks on the ram chips, held down partially by the HSF for the GPU. So it sounds kinda fishy, with the card you got. have you checked the Asus site to see if there is a pic of what the product is supposed to look like?

Thats very odd.

Because

Even with the older cards there are at least heatsinks..

That card should have a heatsink and fan with it..

GF3 Ti 200

The visiontek 6564's that alot of us got the good deals on from bestbuy have heatsinks on the ram and nice heatsink fan combo's on the GPU as well.

Back