• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No longer a MSi fan...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow!
I just had this same problem on my bro's board. Its been working fine and then today all of the sudden, NO POST, NO NOTHING! Resetting the CMOS does nothing, theres no smell or anything so I dont think it can be the CPU. Tested graphics card in my computer and it works. Last msi for me.

--Drew

When I got my KT3 Ultra2 (to replace dead ECS K7s5a) I thought it was pretty crappy too, voltage fulctuations seemed much higher normal all around and I couldn't get it over 138FSB for anything but after a few days everything stabilized including voltage fluctuations and I got it to 150FSB no problem.

I guess the board just needed a burn-in because its been running SETI nonstop at 12.5x150FSB with no problems for almost a week now. Now I'm only limited by my crucial pc2100 which doesn't seem to like much above 150 and needs an extra 0.10 volts above default to even boot.

I wouldn't be too down on buying MSI boards. I've owned three and have liked them just fine. I've had to reset CMOS more times than I can count after mucking around in the bios but my wife still uses my 133 ultra and my 266a is still going strong after a year. I think some of the issues you are having with the KT3 could be related to the VIA chipset which has been problematic.

MSI rma' d a board that was burned out from a power surge at a LAN. I got the new board within a week of talking to tech support. When I bought my vidcard I got 7 cds of software and a bunch of connectors etcetera. Then I saw in a review that MSI also included wincoder/winproducer with their g4s. I called tech support and they sent them to me that day. It wasn't until recently I found out that they didn't include them with the 64meg TI 4200s. The tech knew what card I had but sent me the software anyway!

I'm not an MSI fanboy or anything but the new 400 board looks mighty good with its gigabyte ethernet and 6.1 sound on board though I see that it lags about 6% behind the nforce boards in benchmarking and $50 in price.

I would add that I will never again purchase an epox board after having no less than three either not work out of the box or die within days. :bang head different experiences I guess.

Back