• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no luck OC'ing Leadtek GF4 Ti4400 !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desperado84

what's the matter with it.
it has a HUGE heatsink and TWO fans, you's think it would be a great OC
i haven't fiddled around with it much, but it's stock
275/550
i tried 300/600 and it didn't work.
THAT SUCKS.
i used the Winfox 2.0 util that comes with the card,
does that have to do with why i can't OC.
any ideas ?

syntax_error

I believe the card sports 3.6ns memory, and then using the math:

1000/3.6x2= 555mhz

Memory speed is already at optimum. Having just said that though, I'm running mine around 305/630 using Coolbits and just benched 12,000 with the 41.03s.

What OC are you running on your Processor? Perhaps your AGP speed is too high and causing instability?

OP
D

Desperado84

that's the thing,
everything is running at stock. CPU RAM FSB etc.
do you think Winfox 2.0 util (that comes with the Leadtek) is just not very good ?
thanks

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
its a Ti4400, I think its equiped with 3.3ns BGA ram, right?

For the record, the huge HSF is just a piece of crap. If you take it apart, you will noticed that the HSF is barely touching the ram, and only half of the surface is covered with white thermal paste.

syntax_error

Desperado84 said:
do you think Winfox 2.0 util (that comes with the Leadtek) is just not very good ?
thanks

I don't know...when I found out the card didn't have any hardware monitoring I didn't even bother with the Winfox. I like to use Coolbits and OC from Display Properties.

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
some cards overclock better than other...

Have you tried overclocking it somewhere between 275/550 and 300/600? First off, it might be the GPU holding you back, or it might be the memory. Try overclocking the GPU, by itself, 5 or 10 MHz at a time, running Game 4 of 3Dmark2001 after every change. If 3DMark2001 shows tearing of weird stuff on the screen, you've overclocked too high. After you've dicovered the ceiling for your GPU speed, then back it down to default and start upping the memory, the same way, running 3DMark after every change. Once you've discovered it's ceiling, then you start playing the combinations of max GPU and max Memory speed. Keep in mind that sometime, your GPU will overclock higher, when your memory is at default and vice-versa, so your max GPU and max Memory may not both be possible, simultaneously.

BTW, if you can increase AGP voltage on your motherboard, then that may help you overclock further.

Last edited: