• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Man's Sky, is anyone else excited?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So maybe get it on a grey market site and pay half the asking price??

I generally don't like doing business with those sites as most of the keys are either stolen or bought with stolen credit cards/etc. I think that if I ever end up buying the game, it will be months and months down the line on a steam sale after all of the crap has been resolved (or determined that it's as good as it's going to get, and then I won't buy it).

No Man's sky

So I purchased no man's sky for pc and I am having fps issues in game but my specs should easily handle the game. Specs are gtx 780 OC edition, i7-2700k, ddr3 16gbs 2133 pc 17000 ram and a 250 gb ssd. What's the issue here. Why the fps drops? It should run at 50 or 60 fps consistently

So I purchased no man's sky for pc and I am having fps issues in game but my specs should easily handle the game. Specs are gtx 780 OC edition, i7-2700k, ddr3 16gbs 2133 pc 17000 ram and a 250 gb ssd. What's the issue here. Why the fps drops? It should run at 50 or 60 fps consistently

This seems to be a known issue with the game for a fair number of users. Haven't tried it on my desktop, but was experiencing frame drops on my laptop as well, with a GTX 970, 12GB RAM, and an i7 4710. It'd run smoothly for a minute or two then go into a fit with hanging/freezing/dropped frames.

We have a thread for this already.

That said, edit the configuration ini file to turn off gsync, change the fps to 'max' in the options menu and try it then.

The update is supposed to fix frame loss issues, as well as boost graphical performance and implement a few fixes for older hardware.
Anyone try it yet?

Nope... And it seems no one is excited anymore... A lot of noise for a short blast!

I played a bit more this past weekend.
I can tell you this, the further you get the more difficult it seems to get. Adds a little more fun knowing it's not a simple point and click for everything.
Planets get more life forms (and angry ones at that), sentinels get way more aggressive, ships randomly attack you, etc.
Definitely adds more fun to upgrading your suit, weapons, and ship. Before it was point and click to get stuff just to move further, no reason to upgrade anything. Now I find myself constantly looking for the next upgrade just to keep moving along.
Definitely makes the journey more fun, which should be the point of a game like this. Instead of just marching to the 'center' like a zombie, I'm now enjoying exploration more.
Still not the game I was hoping it would be, but seems to be getting closer. I'm looking forward to future patches.

I played a bit more this past weekend.
I can tell you this, the further you get the more difficult it seems to get. Adds a little more fun knowing it's not a simple point and click for everything.
Planets get more life forms (and angry ones at that), sentinels get way more aggressive, ships randomly attack you, etc.
Definitely adds more fun to upgrading your suit, weapons, and ship. Before it was point and click to get stuff just to move further, no reason to upgrade anything. Now I find myself constantly looking for the next upgrade just to keep moving along.
Definitely makes the journey more fun, which should be the point of a game like this. Instead of just marching to the 'center' like a zombie, I'm now enjoying exploration more.
Still not the game I was hoping it would be, but seems to be getting closer. I'm looking forward to future patches.

Sadly haven't had much time to play... dang work and traveling but still enjoying the little bit that I've been able to. Still like the exploring and wondering around finding new things.
And yes I agree, while I've only jumped 3 times now I think, at least out of the starter system, yes guys will scan you and engage. Had 2 ships engaging me... and nearly died trying to figure out how to kill them. Got to say it was a pain recharging my shield from the inventory window though in mid combat when its still live. Live and learn.

Still looking forward to the extra patches. I'm in now, only thing I can do is kick myself for jumping in on it a little too early but hope they are in process of adding more things in now that most of the bugs are fixed.

They did state they were going to work on all the bugs before considering adding more stuff into the mix, but they want to add in more once all the major bugs are sorted.
And I think I've used the warp jump about a dozen times now and I don't think I'm anywhere close to the 'center'.
I have found that the more exploring you do, the more 'rewards' you'll find in terms of upgrades and items. Definitely worth scanning the planets and stopping at all the POI.

Guess I'll wait till this is on sale dirt cheap before I consider buying it.
Shame it turned out this way, seems like a really sweet game. :(

I still would love to try it out though.

It's still a pretty fun game. The new update fixed any stuttering issues I had for sure.
It would be nice to have a few more reasons to explore planets other than to collect the same old resources time and time again, it gets kinda boring with nothing new or different from one planet to another, but overall I'm still enjoying the game. I just find that I usually don't explore much of the galaxies before jumping to the next. Just enough to get some resources and tech.
If you're on the fence, I'd wait until it drops in price. I'd still say it's worth playing though.

I've played it on/off since it came out and I'm really not impressed. There are glitches with savegames and being able to roll out a fortune to buy whatever ship you want to trade for etc.. farming resources every 20mins so you can keep your farming weapon loaded etc.. mundane.. I really wish they got the mutiplayer stuff worked out.. would be way more interesting to have an actual economy on there.

Are you playing on PS4? The farming glitch never worked from day 1 on the PC version for me. And the recent updates corrected it even on PS4.
The recent patch solved all my game stutters too, it's far smoother game play. It still has pretty sub-par graphics on the planet, but it isn't a real deal-breaker for me.
My only real complaint with it anymore is the redundancy of everything. There's very little reason to explore anything, since every planet is virtually the same as the last. Sure, the atmosphere on one is toxic and on another it is freezing cold, but everything else looks and feels the exact same. Same formations, same buildings, same resources (save for a few new ones here and there). With a galaxy that has 5 planets and 7 moons, you won't find anything different on any of them so you really only need to explore one to gather the resources you want.

What a disaster. Glad I didn't fall for this scam. Hope more got refunds than those who didn't.

And never pre-order!

Back