• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no more user selection screen pls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

htuong

Registered
I have windows xp pro and I recently update couple from windows update site. Now, everytime I restart or turn on my computer, it will stop at the user selection log on screen. I am the only user on this computer and I is a pain to hit enter everytime I start up windows. Anyone know how to bypass this? Thanks in advance.

CrazyP

believe is or not, one of those "updates" added a new user to your computer. it hap[pened to me to. if yoou look in your user accounts settings you will see a new user called asp.net. I think this is connected to the .net framework download, but IM not sure. delete the user, and yuou wont have the problem anymore

OP
H

htuong

Registered
Thanks. That sounds about right. I did download an update call XXXX.net. I will try to uninstall it first before deleteing that user account. Anyone know the name of that update. In the uninstall screen, all the windows update name has numbers. I just have to figure out with one it is.