• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NO!!! not the TDK burner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trdsw20

Well i m pretty sure that this is the right spot for this post.

A few days ago I was able to burn cds with my TDK 24/10/40 burner. No problems. Then the next day the thing wouldnt even read a cd, original or copy. I asked TDK and they said to download the CD RW BIOS and install so i did and no results.

Has this ever happend to anyone?
Is it a hardware issue with my computer which has been using it for 3 months now or is it a drive failure?

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
well i don't know about your tdk.. but what about my plextor and everytime burn an audio cd it finishes it but it won't play in anything. And when i look at the disk to exlore it all of the audio tracks have question marks on them and are all 44k.

I wish i could help you out man.

Cluster

One word.

WARRANTY!!!

If you've got a warranty on the drive, there's no point in messing with it, return it, it's the best thing you can do. That's if it stills has a warranty.

Cluster

NASsoccer said:
well i don't know about your tdk.. but what about my plextor and everytime burn an audio cd it finishes it but it won't play in anything. And when i look at the disk to exlore it all of the audio tracks have question marks on them and are all 44k.

Check your software. Read through the help file to see how to burn an audio CD properly.

stool

NASsoccer said:

Like clboertien said, look to your software. I had the Nero bundle, and it wouldn't burn a CD for love or money until I downloaded the latest version. The Adaptec bundles(V4) also suck big time.

NASsoccer

stool said:
Like clboertien said, look to your software. I had the Nero bundle, and it wouldn't burn a CD for love or money until I downloaded the latest version. The Adaptec bundles(V4) also suck big time.

i have easy cd creator 5 and have never used nero so maybe it is time to give it a try....

Krieger

I also have a lite-on, the thing will burn anything. never made a coster... except one... but accedently turning off the power to your system can do that to you...

Dissolved

NASsoccer said:

i have easy cd creator 5 and have never used nero so maybe it is time to give it a try....

easy cd craper 5..
hmm that has to be the Wrost software ever made. it has so many bugs and issues.
GET NERO. nero has a worked FREE demo thats great, or 40 bucks for the retail verison.
i havent had 1 bad burn with my 16x plexy useing nero. :)

NASsoccer

Dissolved said:

easy cd craper 5..
hmm that has to be the Wrost software ever made. it has so many bugs and issues.
GET NERO. nero has a worked FREE demo thats great, or 40 bucks for the retail verison.

Rock, thanks for the suggestion. Gone to get Nero. Well not now because it is 2:56 in the AM. But i will in the morning/afternoon.

BinarySuperman

Dissolved said:

easy cd craper 5..

You got to be kidding, me, worst software, what are u talking about, its the best i have ever used, i never have problems with EZ cd 5, has so many features unlike some other trash company (Nero)...

Tweaked!

Xtreme refugee
I agree w/ Binarysuperman, I've got the platinum version from roxio and it rules! I really like the rw tools, with that, I have no need to buy anymore harddrives. (at least for that unit):D

Cooler666

Disabled
BinarySuperman said:

You got to be kidding, me, worst software, what are u talking about, its the best i have ever used, i never have problems with EZ cd 5, has so many features unlike some other trash company (Nero)...

for professional use and for backing up software use Nero, Easy-cd creator is for the amateur audience. BinarySuperman also you may have not have been using the latest version of Nero which actually supports your burner, because if it supports your burner its by far the best thing on the market.
EZ cd 5 is a terrible piece of software, ask the thousands of people who installed it and then had to format their computer the next day because it screwed up their Windows 2000/XP.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I use Nero - I have yet to find anything that is anywhere near as good. The head of the School Art Deparment uses EZ CD creator and he hates it. He went out and bought Nero - he's had no problems with it.

I used to use Roxio WinOnCD and it sucks. I don't like it. I now use Nero, after WinOnCD ripped XP to shreds and screwed up my PC.

BinarySuperman

i agree nero is good for some things that roxio cant do, like back-up a certain consols games, but roxio can back up pc games, and nero cant, well atleast in my experience, and my drive is supported by nero, i just hate nero.

NASsoccer

Cooler666 said:

ask the thousands of people who installed it and then had to format their computer the next day because it screwed up their Windows 2000/XP.

^ me me me:(

RnPgrosz

EZ CD creator 4 was good but there have been many problems with EZ CD 5 invlolving compatibility and I just thought it was a lousy program as well. Nero is better and less $.

NASsoccer

well i got nero and success, compared to platinum nero is amazing. i won't be going back the ezcd for a good while.