• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED No Signal After Restart W/ 7950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alzerm

Bought a Sapphire 7950 Flex OC w/ Boost off ebay almost 2 weeks back and just realized last night it was causing my system some problems. If I restart from desktop and or UEFI bios my fans speed up but my monitor goes to sleep. My Asus z87-A mobo has a PCI-E LED that shines red for GPU errors. It shines after restarts. I swapped out the Sapphire with my Powercolor in the same slot with the same power connectors and it restarted fine. The Sapphire boots into the pc fine and runs games fine but only stalls when I restart.

The reason I am asking for help is because the card came a bit bent. There is this plate in between the pcb and heatsink on the card that runs all the way to the front of the card where the hdmi/dvi connectors are. The metal plate was significantly bent but the cover where the connectors are did not have any damage. I decided to unscrew the cover off and straighten up the metal plate so the card would not sag when seated. I sent the photo below to the seller after the bent was fixed about a week back and the seller had no problem with it then. I told the seller I needed a refund today because the card has issues and now he is denying me a refund because I bent the plate back into place. I am not sure if I will be able to get a refund because of this so I want to see if I can possibly fix the GPU somehow.

Would a bios update on the GPU be of any help? Any other ideas of what could possibly be of help and or help me find the source of the problem?

The image below is of the card after I straightened out bent on the metal plate. The red markings show about how big of a bend it was. A you can see on the chrome cover where the connectors go there is still a noticeable bend. Before the fix it was a much bigger bend.

Attachments

• 20141216_124219.jpg
    20141216_124219.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I tried the card on another system and it restarted fine on it. Any way I can check to see what errors are coming up when I boot?

Edit: Card was returned.

Attachments

• boot adv options.png
    boot adv options.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 44
  • msconfig boot settings.png
    msconfig boot settings.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Back