• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Sli For Me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LutaWicasa

, Immutable, Administrator
At least for a lil' bit.

MSI 1070 Aero just arrived...was gonna sli with my EVGA 1070 FTW.
There's just one lil' hitch....the FTW stands a good 1/2 in taller than the other.:bang head
Gotta get a flexible bridge :-/

OP
LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa

Nah....I'm not "Prime" anything :beer:

Surprised they're not carried at Microcenter......

Even with the shipping being more than the bridge...it's still a lil' cheaper than this one.

Last edited:

wingman99

Is there a new NVIDIA's SLI bridge doubles the available transfer bandwidth compared to the NVIDIA Maxwell?

knoober

Now Im not suggesting you do this, but could you just heat it carefully and bend the pcb ? 1/2 in isnt that much. Might save you from having to wait, and unless you are planning on using it elsewhere .... why not risk breaking it? :shurg:

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Nah....I'm not "Prime" anything :beer:

Surprised they're not carried at Microcenter......

Even with the shipping being more than the bridge...it's still a lil' cheaper than this one.
I may have one here somewhere....

Is there a new NVIDIA's SLI bridge doubles the available transfer bandwidth compared to the NVIDIA Maxwell?
A bit off topic... but performance is about the same until 4K.. check out some some reviews on the web like this one: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3087...ayoff-in-buying-nvidias-40-sli-hb-bridge.html

OP
LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa

Now Im not suggesting you do this, but could you just heat it carefully and bend the pcb ? 1/2 in isnt that much. Might save you from having to wait, and unless you are planning on using it elsewhere .... why not risk breaking it? :shurg:

I understand yer thought process there...but, that would pretty drastically alter the angle of the connector head. So I would need to heat and bend at 2 points.

BTW...thanks a bunch ED :thup:

OP
LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa

Seems most sli bridges come with the mobo, not the vidcard...either way, my search at home turns up a few of the hard bridges none flexible.

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Hey Luta let me know if you still need one. I got several flexible ones from xfire/sli days and I may have a long one. I just gotta dig 'em out from my junkboxes.