• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jiggydrag

Registered
Ok i just reformatted. I have a K7 series motherboard.. i'm not sure EXACTLY what type of Mobo it is but it has onboard sound and I can't figure out how to get the sound to ork. Any help woud be appreciated.

repo man11

You'll need to load the drivers for the onboard sound. If you have the driver disc that came with the board, no sweat. If not, you'll have to look at the board, and figure out for sure what one it is, and go to Gigabyte's site and download the drivers.

OP
J

Jiggydrag

Registered
Sweet thx.
Went to the website, found the mobo, go tthe drivers and i know have sound. I was afraid that it was going to be hard cause of the way you said it. Maybe its cause i still have my comp taken apart and i just had to look through the side :D Anyways thx for the help

OP
J

Jiggydrag

Registered
ok I have another problem..
This sounds noob to me but.. How do I turn of the beeping sound from the computer? The one that is used in DOS and stuff like that?

repo man11

Hmmm. The POST beep, for when the computer boots up? Most motherboards have an external speaker you could disconnect, though some of the newer ones have it built in to the board. Is it beeping often? Normally, you just get the one beep, or "beep codes" that you can use to diagnose why it isn't working

OP
J

Jiggydrag

Registered
its beeping everytime i get a system message or anything.. like when a D/L is done, whenever one of the message windows pops up that asks you to press ok or anything like that.

q149

there is probably a wire plugged into the f-panel on the lower right corner of the board. it should take up 4 pins and probably say spk beside it, you should be able to just unplug this.

OP
J

Jiggydrag

Registered
well.. i tried that and with my luck i also pulle dout the power button, the reset buttin and the power LED cords. If anyone could tell me where to plug these in i'd be really greatful.. so far i only have the power button cord plugged back in. gotta love trial and error.

q149

you should check your motherboard manual or download it if u dont have it, but i think hard drive led is all the way on the left virtically on the 2 pins, power led on the bottom row horizontaly beside the hard drive led, and reset should be horizontaly on the top row on the 6th and 7th pins.