• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no system power with new mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

khan2k

Hi

I bought a MSI MS-694T Pro Mainboard 370/FCPGA/2 some days ago. After installing my mainboard I got error from Windows Xp at startup so I couldn't enter my computer at all. Later I found out that I had to reinstall windows (format my pc). So I replaced the MSI motherboard with my previous motherboard to backup some stuff from my hardisk. I did so and was now ready to format after i once again had installed the MSI motherboard.

After installing all the components again to the new (MSI) motherboard it didn't start up, nothing happen, no power, no cpu fan spinning. I did everything according to the manual. I double-checked all the cables plugged on the motherboard with no luck. I checked the power cable and also replaced it with another one but it did no good. I also checked the the ATX power supply plug/cable several times but the problem continued. I uninstalled the motherboard completely and then reinstalled it, but still no power. I also checked if the mobo was shortning out, so i reassembled the mobo on a card board out side of case, but still no system power.

Finally I replaced the mainboard with my previous mainboard to check if the powersupply was damaged. But the previous one started up as it used too.

What could the problem be? I dont think I have forgotten something as I have use alot time on trying to figure out what I have done wrong. Also it started up fine first time I installed it, what happend? have I forgotten something? Or is it something with static electrisity?

Note: I'm only replacing the mobo, i have the same cpu and ram and rest of stuff, + i am adding a GF4 3dcard

Thanks
Khan

nightowl

I experienced the same thing you described a few weeks ago. It turns out I had the CMOS jumper in the wrong position. The pc wont even power up if the jumper is not in right position. Worth a shot.

OP
K

khan2k

I didnt touch the jumper but i could try yes... :)

thx for replying so quickly