• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No VESA Mounts On Monitor!! Need Advice For Alternate Method!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelinaNikita

Hello.
So I just bought me a new Samsung 23.6-Inch Wide Viewing Angle LED Monitor (S24D360HL) and it wobbles, side to side, when I move or hit the desk. I know what the problem is, the piece that connects to the lower stand and the back of the monitor isn't stable. It moves around when touched and there is no way to tighten it on the back of the monitor--it just slides in or clicks in.
So then I thought I'd just mount it to a replacement stand or a desk stand. Nope, it doesn't have the mounting holes.
Now I'm trying to figure out how to get a different stand for it. The wobble is horrible. And my temporary method of a fix, is ugly and just that, temporary.
Pictures below of monitor front, back and my fix—of cardboard packing box filler.

My idea, which is kind of crazy, was to buy a dual monitor mount and then use Command Picture & Frame Hanging strips, which can hold up to 4 pounds per each one, just add 4 to each mounting bracket, and then attach both of the brackets to the back of the monitor. For extra support; my monitor only weighs 10 pounds, but still. The Command Strips won’t damage the monitor and they won’t leave any glue or sticky residue behind. And I wouldn't have to take the back off and I wouldn't have to glue something to my brand new monitor!

Please, I'm disappointed that it shakes this badly; give me some more ideas, if mine is beyond crazy!
Thank you.
~AngelinaNikita

20160112_211243.jpg 20160112_211359.jpg 20160112_211457.jpg

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Agreed with ATM, if you just bought it I assume you can still return it?

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
+2, return it and get one you're satisfied with - either one with VESA mounts (it's a spec you need to check out, as you've already discovered) or a replacement that doesn't wobble horribly.

As for Command strips, they are very strong and work well....but not on a monitor. The monitor's heat will eventually loosen the glue enough that it will slide right off, either the monitor or the mounting bracket. They hold picture frames well, but introduce some heat and that glue won't stand up to its rating. Per their FAQ, "Q: Can I use Command™ products in hot climates?
A: Extreme heat conditions may cause the adhesive to eventually deteriorate, resulting in product failure. The adhesive could soften and lose adhesion with temperatures above 40°C."

While your monitor might not produce 40°C constantly, even approaching that over a long period of time would make me very wary of trusting it to hold a monitor.

OP
A

AngelinaNikita

Thank you for all the replies.
I had a feeling it was crazy out there. so I thought I might ask a forum like this and get others opinions.
Thank you.
I will be sending it back today!!
You all have a great day!