• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Video Display when OC'd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wumeeks

Registered
Just put together a computer with these specs:
2.0ghz Pentium 4, SOYO PX400 DragonUltra Platinum, 512meg of pc2100 (soon to be upgraded to pc3200!!), ATI 9700 pro, sound blaster audigy, and raid0 2 ibm 40 gigers setup running XP Pro.

The system works great, however when I access the overclocking options in the bios to try to OC the comp, the computer boots
fine until it passes the loading XP screen. I get no video from here, but I can tell the comp is running fine, sound works, etc. Any ideas or suggestions? Is it a powersupply issue? or because I am only running pc2100 memory? or maybe this particular board doesn't OC well with p4 2.0ghz cpu's? I already updated to the latest BIOS version.

I OC'd another comp of mine with same exact setup with an ABIT BD7II RAID board, and was able to reach 2.35 ghz stable (able to complete benchmarks en such..could get it to go to 2.4 but random crashes/hangs/etc) all through the bios!

Anyway if any of you guys can give me some suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.