• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nobody sells Aquagrafx?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrLarkins

Alternative to a full cover waterblock

I'd like to buy the Aquagrafx 9800 gtx, but I can't find anyone who is selling it? In fact, it's very hard to find anyone who sells Aquagrafx at all. Does anyone know of some resellers? Or where I can purchase this specific waterblock?

Last edited:
OP
MrLarkins

MrLarkins

i have contacted sidewindercomputers and they told me it was discontinued by the manufactorer, and I have been using a MCW60 since I bought my card new (1+ years). I am wanting a FULL cover block. I don't want a new card. My ramsinks and mosfets just don't cut it. They get bumped and fall off so easily.

what about the Danger Den 9800 GTX Video Card Liquid Cooling Block (DD-9800GTX). Does anyone have any experience with it? I'm looking for some personal reviews. or any other blocks to consider...but damn, just look at the aquagrafx compaired to the danger den.

Attachments

• aquagrafx.jpg
    aquagrafx.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 456
  • dd-9800gtx.jpg
    dd-9800gtx.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

Conumdrum

My ramsinks on my card were on so good I could pick my card up by them. What were you cleaning the ram with? I used Artic Clean to remove the slime from the Tgoop used on stock air setups. It's really slimy and alcohol would not remove it. I also used Sekisui 5760 Ttape. Best stuff I have found. You can buy it by rolls on Ebay, not sure if any of our stores sell it.

I use DD waterblocks for my GPUs, never used that one but it would work fine.

Last edited:

WonderingSoul

Team 32 Folding Member
I also used Sekisui 5760 Ttape. Best stuff I have found. You can buy it by rolls on Ebay, not sure if any of our stores sell it.

Vouch for Sekisui 5760. I have a roll of it. The stuff is insanely strong. I use it for all sorts of stuff other than ramsinks :p

xtreeme

Disabled
i have contacted sidewindercomputers and they told me it was discontinued by the manufactorer, and I have been using a MCW60 since I bought my card new (1+ years). I am wanting a FULL cover block. I don't want a new card. My ramsinks and mosfets just don't cut it. They get bumped and fall off so easily.

what about the Danger Den 9800 GTX Video Card Liquid Cooling Block (DD-9800GTX). Does anyone have any experience with it? I'm looking for some personal reviews. or any other blocks to consider...but damn, just look at the aquagrafx compaired to the danger den.

Checked ebay for a used one ??

torin3

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
Why do you want a full cover block for your 9800? Why not spend the money on a new graphics card that your MCW60 can cool?

Neuromancer

This discussion has me thinking about buying some of the Sekisui 5760 tape, but this site has a couple of listings.

http://bestbyte.net/merchant/mercha...ode=COTISK02&Category_Code=COTI&Store_Code=BB

50m x 25mm wide $14 with a shipping weight of 0.80 pounds

And this: http://bestbyte.net/merchant/mercha...ode=COTISK03&Category_Code=COTI&Store_Code=BB

Which has no dimensions, a shipping weight of 0.46 pounds, and costs 4 times as much? Makes no sense.

The differnce is the priniting on the liner, not sure why there is a weight differnce.

I also have a roll of hte seiksui tape. Works great.

Clean item apply tape to heatsink and apply heatsink to part needing cooling. I found that a little heat helps the tape really make a firm grip as even with seiksui they got bumped and fell off (could have just been a poor cleaning job on my part though)

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
I use this Akasa stuff from Sidewinder and it hasn't let me down yet. Then again, I haven't physically wiggled the connectors. With normal case/card movement, installing the MCW60, routing tubing, etc I'm sure they were bumped at some point. Still holding strong.

OP
MrLarkins

MrLarkins

thread hijacking in progress...

I appreciate those of you who are sincerely trying to offer options, but I've weighed my options and desires. I simply want to discuss full cover blocks...not alternatives. Not new graphics cards, not adhesive tape.

I will say that your link SPAWN was quite interesting. And seeing as how a full block cost $100, I may try this before purchasing a full waterblock.

Now, does anyone here run a 9800 with a full block? Is so, what kind and how do you like it?

Last edited:

xrodney

Registered
Problem is that full cover blocks usually fit only on exact card version and they will not fit on modified card and if i remember correctly 9800 was card that have too many variants => reason to drop full block for aquacomputer.

xtreeme

Disabled
As far as I know - 8800, 9800 and 250 nvidias have the same layout and mounting holes.
I am not 100% sure so if anybody that can confirm this as this will make MrLarkins day a lot easier ?

I am a radeon man myself :salute:

xrodney

Registered
Similar layout yes, same mounting holes around GPU i thing yes as well, but there were for sure changes in placement of some components.
Basically different brand of power regulator or capacitor or moving single of them to slighty different place is all what it takes for full cover block to not fit anymore.

Spawn-Inc

nice, if i hadn't already made my heatsinks for the card and bolted them on i would have used the stock cooler too.