• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Noctua Launches NH-L9a-AM5 Low-Profile CPU Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Noctua-Cropped-scaled.jpg
Noctua has just launched its new NH-L9a-AM5 low-profile CPU cooler. Designed specifically for AMD's latest Ryzen CPUs, these ultra-low profile coolers are only 37 mm tall and are perfect for Small Form Factor (SFF) builds. It comes available in the traditional Noctua brown and tan colors or in the newer chromax.black option. Priced at just under $45 these are exceptional coolers for the price. You can get yours now at Amazon or wherever you normally buy your Noctua products. Below is Noctua's official press release.
Click here to read more!

*Two month necro*

Do they actually let you rotate these? I grabbed one for my HTPC and the 2600 stock HSF works better. Realized it's because with the mobo used, the RAM was pressed right up against the heatsink, with the fins perpendicular to the sticks. This meant airflow was restricted.

So instead of blowing it was sucking...

The AM5 socket mounting holes are 54 mm X 90 mm, so the cooler could be rotated 180° from standard, though this may not help with clearance. Rotating the Secufirm2 mounting system 90° does not seem possible.

The Intel version can be rotated, AMD, like Blaylock said, can't because the socket is not a square.

Btw. the AMD version handles ~115W Ryzen 7000. Depends on the load, can support higher chips, but I would stick with 65W TDP as they go up to 80-90W anyway. My Ryzen 7600 can be overclocked up to 5.4GHz on all cores and passes all tests without throttling.

Back