• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob 4BDA2+ OCing ?s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sorondil

Registered
I have this for memory I am new to using DDR Memory

I assume I want these BIOS settings

DRAM Timing Set = Normal

CAS Latency Time = 3

Active to Prcharge Delay = 7

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay = 3

DRAM RAS# Precharge = 3

Refresh Mode Select = ?

What does the "Spread Spectrum Modulate" do?

With my memory, should I use the 1:1 or 4:3 FSB setting?

At what kind of FSB did you have to change the Vcore, and/or Vagp, and/or DDR V adjust?

Your memory settings also depend on your system's specs

Have you o\ced your cpu?
What is your current fsb?

Post some details about your system

Thanks for all your help.

When I set the FSB to 140 Windos will start to boot and then freeze,

At FSB 139, I get BSOD and other errors.

Right now I an running at FSB 135.

Do I need to up the Vcore, the V DDR Adjust. Some how I don't think I need to adjust Vagp because I have the the PCI and AGP locked at their respective speeds.

First of all the 3-7-3-3 are the slowest memory timings. I have the Crucial also and I run it at 2-5-2-2 in turbo mode. Overclocking is all trial and error, if you get errors try raising your voltages for your CPU, memory, etc etc. if it doesnt help then back to default. Raising voltages can help with stability thats why you try them. At 140 FSB you might have certain things running too fast like your AGP and PCI bus, cause when up raise the FSB you overclock everything. Some motherboards have settings that lock your AGP and PCI bus to 33/66 to. Your AGP needs to be near the 66 and PCI not higher then 37 for the most part. As for your memory timings in regaurds to 1:1 or 4:3 that 4:3 is the fastest so try to get it running with that setting if possible.

Sorry about all the noob questions but this is the first time OCing with something other than the FSB.

With CAS Timing of 2-5-2-2 and Memory Timing of 4:3

At FSB of 115 I get an alarm sound and no boot.

At FSB of 111 I get no alarm sound and no boot and I have up the CPU voltage by .5

At FSB of 110 It boots up fine

With CAS Timing of 2.5-6-3-3 and Memory Timing of 1:1

I can get to FSB of 139 before I have to up the CPU voltage by .25 in order to get a stable system

Do I need to raise the Vcpu more or raise the Vddr in order to get it to boot with the aggressive memory timings? I would prefer not to spend money on some Samsung PC2700 memory in order use the aggressive memory timings.

When you get a beep most of the time thats the memory causing the problems. And according to what you said here about getting the 139 fsb with the slower memory timings that shows right there its the memory. It sounds like your heading in the right direction cause when you turn the memory timings down you get higher fsb. Just keep trying things like uping the voltages in the memory and see if it improves. If not up the cpu volts see if that helps and so on. If none of those help them lower your fsb and try playing with voltages once again. As you can see it just takes time to get everything working right, cause not all systems will perform at the same levels as some others will.

Back