• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i2fast4u

Registered
I just woke up this morning to my room full of good old magic smoke. and to my dissapointment, my celerons the source. I'm thinking the lower peltier quit and the heat spread to the second CPU, all I know is I have a whole lot of brownish black parts. starting with my lower CPU. I hope I can spare the other parts for the next project. I know it wasnt the liquid cooling setup, because that was still running. My poor lil intels. what a way to go

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
oh man taht must have stunk!

but if your H2O system was still running what happened? Did your room temps get so hot taht the heat could not leave the water? If you dont have a definitive answer I would hesitate before I rebuilt the system with pelts till you get the answer.

ol' man

i2fast4u said:
I just woke up this morning to my room full of good old magic smoke. and to my dissapointment, my celerons the source. I'm thinking the lower peltier quit and the heat spread to the second CPU, all I know is I have a whole lot of brownish black parts. starting with my lower CPU. I hope I can spare the other parts for the next project. I know it wasnt the liquid cooling setup, because that was still running. My poor lil intels. what a way to go

First off I have not seen a 1.33GHz celeron. You must have been running 128k/1GHz celeries? Or where they 256k cache tualatins celeries?

I though cumine celerons did not run SMP.

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
Re: Re: Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ol' man said:

First off I have not seen a 1.33GHz celeron. You must have been running 128k/1GHz celeries? Or where they 256k cache tualatins celeries?

I though cumine celerons did not run SMP.

cumine (.18 128k cache) cellys cant run smp. tualatin ones can sort of. I've never heard of a 1.33 celly either and if someone had pelts on a celly 1.3 then it would be going alot faster than 1.45.

OP
i2fast4u

i2fast4u

Registered
I had the 1.3 256K (sorry I messed up typing it) tualatin celerons on a set of custom slockets that did work in SMP. its all so hard to explain, I dont even remember half of the modding done to the powerleap slockets. they looked pretty hairy when all was done. I had set up my peltiers in the die with arctic silver3 and then to the waterblock with the same. I'd post pictures, but I dont have a cam, and I'm just gunna pitch a bunch of the fried stuff and go on up to a northwood system on an Asus P4T-E. I Havent much time to look at everything, but from what I could gather, CPU2's peltier died, and the heat was intense enough to cook the board, then the peltier for CPU1 died and all went up in smoke from there. I can only hope I can spare the other components on this board. if not, I lost on this one big. The board crumbled when I touched it, so it got quite hot. I just dont know, If I had some time, I'd try to rebuild, and get pictures for you guys, but I havent any.

deez

Ouch...thats rough. First time I've heard about Tualatin cele's in SMP mode. I've seen some slotket mods to run Tualatin on BX boards but never seen a dual setup mod

batboy

Senior Moment
Sad news indeed. But, if you haven't already bought that Asus p4T-E, I think TC has one for sell that you might be able to pick up for a decent price.

OP
i2fast4u

i2fast4u

Registered
where can I get ahold of TC? I'm still looking for the right board and havent found it yet.

VaTechHokies From ASUS MOTHERBOARDS thread said:
i2fast4u--
There are two main versions of the P4T-E w/ the only difference being the DRCG's. (Direct Rambus Clock Generators...i think) You'll want to get a board with ICS 9212-13 DRCG's. These are the chips that are allowing the best overclocks. The other chips, I think they are CYP or CYS, are only allowing people to very minimally overclock.

I finally got my rig set up the other day (well...mostly...I am waiting on a RMA'ed DVD drive) and I am running at 133 FSB no problem using the dip switches.

qed

Disabled
tualatin ones can sort of.
i don't suppose you'd mind elaborating on that would you.. there are a couple of us over at 2cpu that would be really interested in any infos that you might have
regards
Q

JCLW

qed said:
tualatin ones can sort of.
i don't suppose you'd mind elaborating on that would you.. there are a couple of us over at 2cpu that would be really interested in any infos that you might have
regards
Q

Ditto

- JW

celerongeek

Registered
sorry fellow p3c-d

next time u use pelts u need to have a few failsafes
1. a voltage or power sniffer that is hooked up to on/off switch
2.a over-temp circuit...... well it's too late now isn't it.

let me know what u have i'll see if i can help u out...........

wished u did those benchmarks don't ya..................... :eh?: