• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

northbridge water block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

morotorium

Registered
My motherboard is an Asus P4T533-C. I am installing a water cool system in it and got Gemini waterblocks. My problem is my motherboard has clips on it (for the northbridge), and no mounting holes. How can I mount my water block that only has the regular 2 mounting holes with punch in clips? I was going to take apart my current heatsink on it to get the bar that goes across the heatsink and clips in but it is incorporated into the heatsink, or very very well attached... Any ideas?

The Overclocker

usally when we have a motherboard or graphics card that dosn't hoave mounting holes, we just epoxy it on, this can be done two ways, you can buy artic silver epoxy (expensive - especially for one use) or mix our own epoxy using a 50:50 mixture of epoxy and Artic silver (or normal thermal paste)