• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NorthBridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.über

Registered
Well today I noticed my northbridge fan on my nf7-s is not moving I looked for jams or anything. Couldn't find crap so I'm deciding whether to leave it like it is or get a new one I was thiking a orb or something anyone got any ideas? Oh yeah and if this seems like a dumb question its because I'm 13 ;)

Last edited:
The NB fan on the NF7's has failed for more than a few people... so I would recommend getting a NB HS and fan as soon as possible, and not oc'ing while you don't have a working fan on there. I'd recommend the NB-1C(or the NB-1)from Thermalright... my brother's using one on his NF7-S and it fits just fine... not very noisy at all. I don't know if it'll fit if you're planning on getting a Thermalright HS for your cpu in the future, so think about that before you buy it. There are clearance issues with some of the NB HS's, so in some cases, you might have to go with a passive HS instead of one with a fan.

BTW, Welcome to the Forums :)

Last edited:
It's not too bad looking... I haven't read any reviews on it, so you might want to check that out. It's also about 10mm taller than the NB-1, so you might encounter some clearance issues depending on the HS that you have. Personally, I'd go with the NB-1... it's only 4 bucks more, and Thermalright is a high-quality HS manufacturer.

Psst, don't let Thermaltake your money :D

The Thermalright NB-1 would be a good choice. If you don't want to spend any cash you could try to fix your current one. Take it apart and pull the fan out. Peel the label off. Then oil the bushing that the fan shaft spins in. Keep an eye on it though. It can cause probs if it stops again.

Yeah I just bought a Thermalright SP-97 for my new processor 2500+ mobile XD and I'll probaly go with the thermalright my bro(mite know him name is tatuya on here) has one of there sinks and it's sick.

Last edited:
Mr.über said:
Yeah I just bought a Thermalright SP-97 for my new processor 2500+ mobile XD and I'll probaly go with the thermalright my bro(mite know him name is tatuya on here) has one of there sinks and it's sick.

I'm so sorry to hear that it is sick. :( I hope it gets better soon ;)

Mr.über said:
How about this one it has a HS with a blower fan on it. Looks alright :-/
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/tha1exsp.html

The ThermalTake Spirit (I call it the Screamer, my roommate has it and it's unbearable at full speed) is a cheap and effective way to cool the NB. However, it is extremely loud; the high pitched and shrill noise will drive some people insane!

I'd rather get cooling from a name I trust, though. In particular, the ThermalRight NB-1C , or even NB-1 (which I have seen as low as $12). Swap the fan for a quieter one, and you're set for quite and powerful NB cooling!

Last edited:
daba said:
The ThermalTake Spirit (I call it the Screamer, my roommate has it and it's unbearable at full speed) is a cheap and effective way to cool the NB. However, it is extremely loud; the high pitched and shrill noise will drive some people insane!

I'd rather get cooling from a name I trust, though. In particular, the ThermalRight NB-1C , or even NB-1 (which I have seen as low as $12). Swap the fan for a quieter one, and you're set for quite and powerful NB cooling!
What about it at the lowest setting and are blower fans more effective than a normal fan?

corebreach said:
No way. Age has nothing to do with intelligence, and your question was completely valid.
Yeah but some people are stereotypical thinking I cant build my own comp because im 13 but yeah its an excuse

I wish I had gotten into computers about 20 years ago, but then I would be old and boring for all the cool stuff happening now. (I'm 14)

Back