• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NorthBridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
corebreach said:
I wish I had gotten into computers about 20 years ago, but then I would be old and boring for all the cool stuff happening now. (I'm 14)
Yeah I'm turning 14 but its great to know because there so many people that are my age that have no clue about computers its nice to know. Save money, have knowledge. But my friends 13 also he was a skate board person that had no knowledge I got him into computers and gaming now hes a hardcore nerd like me. But great to know theres someone my age on these forums ;)

There's more 14 yr olds than you might think, I've talked with several of them( all newbies of course ;) :D ) .

What about it at the lowest setting and are blower fans more effective than a normal fan?

You could do that, but it wouldn't be as effective... and yes, they are more effective b/c they don't have a dead spot like axial fans, but not if you turn them down all the way. It would be easier and quieter to get a NB HS that has a quiet axial fan on it... anything is better than passive cooling, so find one that's quiet enough for you. The fan that comes with the NB-1 isn't loud at all... I don't have any experience with the Swiftechs so I can't tell you how loud they are.

I'm so sorry to hear that it is sick. I hope it gets better soon

Me too, I hope it's not contagious ;)

Im going to use the Zalman NB HS. Im thinking the case fans will be enough to cool it off. Anyone not run a fan with their NB HS?
i dont, i run the stock dfi passive cooler that came on my board.
but i should probably get an active cooler or atleast a better passive cooler than that one, it can get pretty hot.

~Magick_Man~

Hey, I got the Vantec Iceberg 4 copper one for my NB, and all I can say is, very good. Its all copper, quiet fan, cheap, and comes with SB heatsink. Just use AS5 to cover the NB, and use a thin layer.

BTW i started building when I was 15, 17 now and i'm still a noob.

ap673 said:
Hey, I got the Vantec Iceberg 4 copper one for my NB, and all I can say is, very good. Its all copper, quiet fan, cheap, and comes with SB heatsink. Just use AS5 to cover the NB, and use a thin layer.

BTW i started building when I was 15, 17 now and i'm still a noob.
Bet you 1000 bucks you know more then me still ;)

I just ordered bunch of mofset, SB and ppl heatsink on sidewinder. The silver one, hope those gonna work because I can fell the SB is really hot when i touched it.
Well, about the NB i think just gonna use the thermal paste came with my SP-97 to put on it. Eventhough i have AS5, but since stock NB heatsink so you think it is gonna work?
Oh.. btw, my board is NF7 v.2.

Bet you 1000 bucks you know more then me still

Well, I've only been into oc'ing since march of this year, so I haven't been doing this very long. What you have to do is research, talk to the experienced folks, and do more research. There really isn't too much to case cooling once you understand the basics, and the basics only take a few months to learn. Just keep at it, everyone is a newbie once ;)

I have AS5 on my NB, but just put what you want on there... the HS is held on by plastic pins if I remember right, so it doesn't matter if you use adhesive or not. The SB HS's help to reduce static in your onboard sound. There aren't any improvements in oc'ing b/c the SB doesn't control any components that affect overclock. The mosfets (mofsets ?) HS's will stabilize the voltage going into mobo, which is important for oc'ing b/c when your rails fluctuate too much your system tends to crash.

I have a stock HS on my NB and a Tt blower fan. Small blower fans are better than small axiel fans, IMO. Cooler is better in my mind. Works really great and I dont mind the noise. I am in the military and I hear jets, huge tactical vehicles and the like, so ANY sound a computer makes is nothing.

Seabee said:
I have a stock HS on my NB and a Tt blower fan. Small blower fans are better than small axiel fans, IMO. Cooler is better in my mind. Works really great and I dont mind the noise. I am in the military and I hear jets, huge tactical vehicles and the like, so ANY sound a computer makes is nothing.
Heh I don't want the fan sounding like a helicopter landing zone. And I usualy leave my comp on over night so I dont like loud *** fans. And is the blower louder than a antec tornado 92mm my bro has one its insane...

Back