• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nostromo n50

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moriquendi

Registered
Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I’ve just found this does anyone have one of these, is it any good?

I was thinking of getting one and putting a couple of blue leds behind the scroll wheel and d-pad
Link

Cheers :beer:

thanks for the input

kindof a strange question but whats the placing of the scroll wheel like for people with long fingers?? coz ill probably be useing the scroll wheel alot and i have long fingers. Also anyone using it under win2k?

thanks again

Idris

i dont use the scroll......its not so much a scroll as a throttle. It only goes about 120 degrees then stops. I don't use it.....if I played like a flight sim or something like that i might use it.

Heh, I made the mistake of setting the throttle to act as a scroll wheel, and for about a week I was having insane problems scrolling in IE, until I found out that the nostromo was actiaved and the scroll was fighting with my mouse's scroll, lol.

lol. i'm going to order it tonight and get the stuff for modding it too , ill post pics when its done if i can borrow a digital camera.

Idris

Moriquendi said:
thanks for the input

kindof a strange question but whats the placing of the scroll wheel like for people with long fingers?? coz ill probably be useing the scroll wheel alot and i have long fingers. Also anyone using it under win2k?

thanks again

Idris

Like DaveSauce said, it's meant to be a throttle. I use one with Win2K, and have had no problems so far. Although I don't use it for gaming.

Yea, just don't assign the throttle to scrool wheel, lol.

Personally, I find that it works PERFECTLY for counter-strike. Mainly because of the few weapons.

It worked great in UT2003 for anything insta-gib.....beyond that it gets complicated. I use the thumb control for jump, crouch, walk, etc....the problem lies with the keys. It has 10, minus 4 for movement, and you're left with 6 keys. You can get around this with the shift feature which gives it essentially 40 keys....but that gets complicated as well. I suppose if you get used to it, it would work well, but it would take a bit of getting used to.

What I like about the n50 is that it's the size of your hand. Its not like those other controllers that are the size of your keyboard with almost the same number of buttons.....kinda defeats the purpose.

great to hear that it works under win 2k so many things dont properly.

Ill be useing it in a flight sim mostly with a joystick for my right hand but if its good ill probably use it for general navigation and 3D grafix stuff.

thanks again

Idris

Back