• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not a "bad" OC for a 50$ fx5200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hedgehogforprez

Well after messing around a tad bit on my card I got it stable at 295/390, I haven't really messed with the mem much and could probably get it much higher but I was focused more on the core clock....still not bad for a 50$ card wouldn't you say?

Beast Of Blight

Disabled
I have a GFMX440 that can go all the way to 360/460, Any higher and it starts to get funky after an hour of UT2k3. Just need better cooling.

So, booyah. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
Hedgehogforprez

Hedgehogforprez

gokickrocks said:
i have a bfg fx5200 that goes to 417 on the core w/o mods and using stock cooling

That doesn't seem right at all...thats damn near a 200mhz overclock on the core. Is it stable at all?

Pepino Cantador

Registered
Heh, somewhere around is my thread about my 5200 OC experience. I got some ridiculous overclock out of mine as well, but the thing is....it didn't make enough difference to justify even bothering :p

OP
Hedgehogforprez

Hedgehogforprez

Really? Because my over clock boosted me over 1500 points in 3dmark2k1 ( haven't tried in 2003 ) and about 30-40 fps in some games. One question though, how are you overclocking, using the detonator drivers or with OEM software that came with your card.

gokickrocks

Registered
Hedgehogforprez said:

That doesn't seem right at all...thats damn near a 200mhz overclock on the core. Is it stable at all?

well, i did take off the core and dabbed some AS3...but to answer your question, yes it is stable, the memory is what cripples the card however