• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not booting please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stormer

hey, I wanted to move my computer in my room so i unhooked everything and precided to move the case etc. When i hooked everything up, and press the power button, all i see is a blinking "_" what the hell happened? I am not sure what you see if a short cicuit happens etc.. i am clueless as to what went wrong when i simply picked up the case and moved it. I have a p4 and a p4s533 mobo. thanks any ideas or help is appreciated, also this sytem is about a year old.

Zeus

Registered
When I overclock too much on my asus board I get that sometimes.
I just have to keep restarting the comp or at worst reset the cmos.

Its happened to me a few times. Just keep trying to turn it on, maybe take out a mem chip or summit, anything to get it to boot into bios in safe mode.

The last time it happened it was telling me I failed the cpu test, then failed the mem test, then cpu test.....

ktschmit

Try checking all connections on mobo and drives. I had it happen to me. One of my drive connections worked loose due to vibration.