• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not enough screws?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genix

Registered
I just got my case and when I opened it up to install my 8K3A+ I found that there were enough screws but there were not enough screw ends to line up with all the holes on my mobo. Just one is missing but I want to know if my comp will still boot up without that one screw in it. Thanks

Genix said:
I just got my case and when I opened it up to install my 8K3A+ I found that there were enough screws but there were not enough screw ends to line up with all the holes on my mobo. Just one is missing but I want to know if my comp will still boot up without that one screw in it. Thanks

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

It should boot up fine. The screws are only for holding the board there, and do not have anything to do with the board's activity.

Tipycol

No... I'm serious... I mean if he built his own computer. If he can build his own computer then you would think he was joking about the screws... and yes... there is more then plenty that I don't know about with computers.

JuXsA said:
No... I'm serious... I mean if he built his own computer. If he can build his own computer then you would think he was joking about the screws... and yes... there is more then plenty that I don't know about with computers.

Probably his first time. He did the smart thing, whenever you are not sure about something, its best to ask just in case.

Thats one of the reasons these forums are here:)

Al

Well I know it sounded dumb, but I just wanted to make sure. I mean the mobo has those little metal contact things where you put the screws in and I thought that if one wasn't contacted it wouldn't load. Thanks to all who helped me out and understood my problem. BTW, I am on my new comp. :-D

Genix said:
Well I know it sounded dumb, but I just wanted to make sure. I mean the mobo has those little metal contact things where you put the screws in and I thought that if one wasn't contacted it wouldn't load. Thanks to all who helped me out and understood my problem. BTW, I am on my new comp. :-D

Nahhhhh, it's not a dumb question, ya did right by asking. The only dumb question is the one that's not asked ;)

Congrats on getting that new rig up and runnin! :beer:

The metal washer looking things that are glued to the board and surround the holes dont connect the the board's circuitry. If they did we would all short out our boards to the case which is where those screw go into.

I used to think I needed those small paper washers under the screw heads for the board.

Back