• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nothing but bba5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah bba's are good for wu's but hard on points :(
CHeck this out:

Protein Points Time Secs Per Point
I6C 1 82 8200
1UBQ 2.3 243 10500
2ABD 3.2 339 10590
1APS 4 429 10700
Anat 5 556 11100
aga29Nat 5 557 11140
Hairpin 2 234 11700
NativeBBA5 0.6 90 15000
bba5 build ext 0.6 91 15100
Times taken from an XP@1600Mhz

I found that at O/Cau link: http://www.overclockers.com.au/folding/
It looks pretty close to what im seeing as well

bba5*** finally ended on my folders... now my 5 clients all have ProteinA***. I put 2 extra clients running on my TB1.4 (only 128Mb ram). So I've 3 f@h clients running on TB now, but it doesn't show signs of slow-up (only frametime tripling lol:D. I wonder if those f@h stats show the CLIENT count instead of CPU count...

doer said:
bba5*** finally ended on my folders... now my 5 clients all have ProteinA***. I put 2 extra clients running on my TB1.4 (only 128Mb ram). So I've 3 f@h clients running on TB now, but it doesn't show signs of slow-up (only frametime tripling lol:D. I wonder if those f@h stats show the CLIENT count instead of CPU count...
each client will have a different id # so ever instance will show up as another cpu

all I have right now is one kind of bba5 or another. They don't score very well :cry:

edit. I forgot the new cry icon ;)

Congrats on the Farm :cool:
I just added another T-Bird to the fold (pun) and the first thing it gets is a harpin, poor thing:)
So now I have three systems folding.
P4 1.6a @ 2.35ghz, Asus P4B266-c
T-Bird 1.4 @ 1.5ghz Abit KT7A
Tibird 1.0 @ 1.1 ghz Abit KT7-Raid

No "farm" but a little garden :)
Rick

Well the T-birds are doing hairpins now, and the P4 is doing a Ab28-43V at around 234 secs/frame. I use the P4 all the time, while the Athlons just fold.
But I have noticed while they ( P4 &1.5 Athlon) were doing NativeBBA5's they were within a few secs of each other with the 1.5 Athlon besting the P4, again I was using the P4 for web browsing and such, so that may have had a little to do with it.
I will keep an eye on them the next time they are doing the same Proteins and see how close they are.

Thanks
Rick

I don't know what stanford are doing but the handout of units is not random.

I've just gotten 42 GRNA hairpins in a row. I havent seen a proteinA or its brothers for almost a month. Yet others get them regularly

It is very wierd indeed.

cheers.

Well my Baptism by fire started today. Assignment server switched all four machines over to the monster proteins between 0800am and 1000am yesterday morning. It still amazes me how if one machine is switched all are switched. All last week I did 0.6ers (didn't matter what Kind, all 0.6). Now getting all 5 pointers only. The types are varying between machines but they are all 5 pointers. We must be grouped by name because I have had a zillion different ID numbers but the server still knows who I am. Sounds like a cookie to me.

Yea I just had a bunch of my system swtich over to 5 pointers after they did bba5s all week as well. I think they move project around depending on what data they need for a project and when.

I've been getting a bunch of 5 point monsters myself since yesterday, with all my fast rigs presently running them. My poor little K6-2+ @550 got a 1APS on 3/24 and it's been crunching away on it since. Foldmonitor says it will finish on 3/29.:eek: That's what I call mistreating a poor little K6.

bba5s are KILLING my climb to the top! This, coupled with the fact that I shut all of the boxes down for 12 hours due to severe t-storms put me a little behind the curve.

Now if I could just get a few 5 pointers to make up the difference...

Back