• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NV18 | NV28 Soon!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Overclocker456 said:
It still won't be as fast as a R300... and plus the G4 at 325/750 isn't a huge increase either.. ATI will rule till next year..

OOOH OOOH, i have an idea, how about you wait till the card comes out...till you start saying stuff about it...because you dont know how much of a performance gain it has. ya dig?

DaddyB said:
Well most people cant overclock them very much or if they do then they dont see much if any improvement, or they get lower scores then they did at default speeds.

I'm willing to bet it's the AGP power requirements.

AGP(non-pro) allows ~38W to power the videocard. The reason why the 9700 was able to get such a high core was from the external power connector whereas...the Perhelia tried staying within boundries.

As far as I've seen, AGP3.0(8X) standard adds another line increasing the available power to ~41.5W

Unless the GF4 series either gets revised, new stepping, or there's a external power you prolly won't get more out of it.

There's always the voltmod that's near guarenteed to fry the card=)

Back