• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NV30 is King! Of Graphics Cards. Set To Have 125M Transistors, Twice Speed GF4!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OC-Master

The Official GeForceFX Thread Of Comments And Facts!

The Official GeForceFX Thread Of Comments And Facts!

Ignore that original post thread name.... because the new name should be..

NV35 Is King! And this time it really is... Its just too bad, the 256MB edition costs 499US Retail. Thats gonna hurt all our wallets even more LOL

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030512/index.html
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/geforcefx-5900ultra.html

If it wasnt for that price.. This thing would soo own all :(..

OC-Master

Last edited:

eh?

my god who is that girl in you avatar? shes looking good, maybe i should trade my girlfrind in for a new model

Pinky

drdingo21 said:
my god who is that girl in you avatar? shes looking good, maybe i should trade my girlfrind in for a new model

My thoughts exactly... actually, since i have no "girl" I was wondering which showroom you would recommend :p

Oh, and that blah blah geforce whatever stuff is interesting... I'll be sure to grab one once they're released and within my budget, next summer.

eh?

Pinky said:

My thoughts exactly... actually, since i have no "girl" I was wondering which showroom you would recommend :p

Oh, and that blah blah geforce whatever stuff is interesting... I'll be sure to grab one once they're released and within my budget, next summer.
well i have the brown haired model now. they aren't to shabby lots of options:D id like to get a new blonde model.

Darkseid

expect?? sorry but until real chip is here do you think that posting that has any meaning? i`m no trying to be rude, but how can we talk about expectations and say it`s king???
hope you didn`t take this wrong, i personally would wait before posting

PhobMX

Re: NV30 is King! Of Graphics Cards. Set To Have 125M Transistors, Twice Speed GF4!

OC-Master said:
-Costs as much as enough doller bills in order to go in a direct line capable of joining New York to Hong Kong!

OC-Master

how much $ estimated???

Cisco Kid

just wait till it comes out, I predict it will be about = to 9700 Pro but then they have another one up their sleeves and on and on and on and on......

cisco kid

DaddyB

According to Anandtech.com the Nv30 wont be shipping until sometime next year:

Unfortunately timing for NV30 doesn't seem to be working out as perfectly as once hoped. Although there may be something to show off later this year, NVIDIA is telling their partners that chips will be available early next year. The whole situation is very much like the GeForce3 launch where we'll see a technology release at the end of the year but with actual product shipping in the 1st quarter of next year.

Lets not forget that ATi has already demonstrated a few 9700s with DDR2, imagine 1000mhz on a 256 bit mem bus (Nv30 will only have 128 bit bus)... With the Nv30 not going to appear in stores until sometime in 2003 I wouldnt be suprised if ATi beat it before it came out.

EDIT: BTW that page is written in ancient egyption hierogliphics or something doe anyone know what it says? ...off to find the rosetta stone.

Last edited:

Stumpjumper5200

Wow.....if the nv30 proves to be as powerful as they're claiming right now, I can say two things:

I WANT ONE
and
MY 9700 PRO IS FOR SALE :D

hahaha

Yeah, yeah, computers will always be advancing and technology will always become outdated, but I spent $340 for my 9700, could I have it for like 6 months before I even HEAR about the next new card? :D

MospeadasDark

It's korean.

Uhm...so there isn't anything here that we haven't heard before. Just a buncha specs and useless "fun facts" that really mean nothing. Where are benches?

Wraith

No idea bro, looks like Egyptian ta me...... i think all of the above info is BS.....lol

Looks to me like ATI has beat out Nvidia finaly, even with those specs, the 9700, whitch is out NOW can still par that, and by the time the NV30 comes out, ATI wil lhave at LEAST a ddr2 card out.

just my 2 cents on it

Wraith

Forgot

Dude, that girl........give me her # please! lol she is the hottest thing ive seen in a while. Wana get me an avitar like that?

Rav

Re: NV30 is King! Of Graphics Cards. Set To Have 125M Transistors, Twice Speed GF4!

OC-Master said:
125M Transistors

R300 has 110 Million

Costs as much as enough doller bills in order to go in a direct line capable of joining New York to Hong Kong!

He's not trying to be funny, this is what they said.

Higher FSAA Modes (8X, 12X and 16X)

16X as blurry as the GF4?

Higher Antistrophic filtering (16X, 32X, 64X)

Will you really notice anything above 16X?

Anyway, 20k 3dmarks is unrealistic. Notice their quote, that the 2X performance estimate includes the PC being 2X as fast. We are CPU limited with R300 and we will be with NV30. Also, 700+Mhz memory on a 128-bit bus will be much less bandwidth than R300, and you can only compress/cull so much rendering data.

-Rav

MospeadasDark

Re: Re: NV30 is King! Of Graphics Cards. Set To Have 125M Transistors, Twice Speed GF4!

Rav said:

He's not trying to be funny, this is what they said.
-Rav

"NV30 Fun Facts:

51,000,000,000 floating points operations per second in pixel shader alone

Which, if converted to US dollar bills and placed end to end, would stretch from New York to Hong Kong."

I never knew floating point ops could be "converted" into money...heck my computer would just pump out money then!

is anyone really swallowing this?

Malakai

16X as blurry as the GF4?

No idea bro, looks like Egyptian ta me...... i think all of the above info is BS.....lol

Looks to me like ATI has beat out Nvidia finaly, even with those specs, the 9700, whitch is out NOW can still par that, and by the time the NV30 comes out, ATI wil lhave at LEAST a ddr2 card out.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

there is no way in hell that anything ATi has out os gonna be able to hold a candle to NV30.

You think Nvidia, as sucessful a company as they are, is going to hold off on NV30 for it to get beaten by ATi?

i think not, and i think anyone who believes so is being dilusional.

will NV30 cost an arm and a leg?
YES

will i buy one?
NO

will it 0wn ATi?
definately

odd that people posting bitching about Nvidia's pre-release specs were the ones w00ting for ATi before R300 came out.

Cisco Kid

Malakai said:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

there is no way in hell that anything ATi has out os gonna be able to hold a candle to NV30.

You think Nvidia, as sucessful a company as they are, is going to hold off on NV30 for it to get beaten by ATi?

i think not, and i think anyone who believes so is being dilusional.

will NV30 cost an arm and a leg?
YES

will i buy one?
NO

will it 0wn ATi?
definately

odd that people posting bitching about Nvidia's pre-release specs were the ones w00ting for ATi before R300 came out.

i think you will be proved wrong, they are bewhind a few steps already and word is nv30 won't ship till 2003, byt then ddr 2 9700

cisco kid

Status
Not open for further replies.