• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NV30 - The specs and pics - FINALLY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stumpjumper5200

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/02q4/021118/index.html

Well look at that, another press release from nVidia :)

By the initial looks at the specifications, it will NOT "blow away" the 9700. The memory bandwith is less than the 9700, anti-aliased fillrate and and triangle transform rate are only a small percentage boost, but the raw pixel fillrate is definately up.

Memory is 1Ghz as we've known for a bit, core (depending on the model) will go around 500mhz.

Now check out that cooler!! Sweeeet. Heatpipes, external intake and exhaust, all contained in that unit so the case temps won't rise......awwwww, gee, thanks nVidia....haha. They said it was noisy though and the exhaust was actually hot, not "kinda warm" but hot.

So the card will be pretty good, but I don't think it's gonna blow the 9700 away in real world tests. I'm sure it will in some nVidia engineered stuff (like for all of the THOUSANDS of pixel and vertex shader instructions.....)

Yep, it'll be SOOOO easy for ATI to blow them away with their next card :)

Slappi

.15 will only go so far .... ATI will probably match the NV30 Performance wise .....

....do you think Nvidia is going to have a delay next time?!? I highly doubt it since the only reason this one was delayed was the die shrink. I am sure they have something already close for an October 2003 release.

ninthebin

the nv30 should pwn the r300 - nvidia would be stupid to release it and have it only on par with it...but then thats where the r350 release comes in which should be around the same time as nv30

ninthebin

the nv30 should pwn the r300 - nvidia would be stupid to release it and have it only on par with it...but then thats where the r350 release comes in which should be around the same time as nv30

No, I showered
I believe the next two chips ARE taping out already. One of the articles I saw, at news.com I think, said that the NV31 and NV34 (I think) are already taping out from TSMC this week.

baqai

Here are few more images from different sites for you ppl to drool (sp?) on :)

Most of the images are from HotHardware or from Tomshardware (click on the links to check out full articles)

image13.jpg

image12.jpg

image14.jpg

Depth Of Field .. umm correct me if i am wrong wasn't that one of the features on Voodoo 5 ?? i guess nvidia have taken a lot from 3dfx designs and have utilized them on this new card

Last edited:

Namagomi

Disabled
looks pretty rocking. i'm glad it has DDR2. that cooler also looks badass. I'm unsure how it's gonna o/c, as that stock cooling setup is pretty extreme already, so nvidia obviously thinks the card is gonna put out some heat, even at stock speeds.

baqai

Namagomi said:
uh. yeah. directly linking won't work off toms site. get your own bandwidth :(

Pics are coming fine here on my machine, maybe i am picking up from cache, images are not showing on your browser??

Edit : I am uploading the images as i type this message, please refresh the page in about 5 mins to see the images (if you are not able to view them right now)

Last edited:

EluSiOn

i visit the review... and i think I got the cookie from tomshardware... and that is why the link image works

john240sx

price: ???

that's what i want to know. if the price isn't outragous then i might hold off getting a TI4200 and save up for the NV30 (i refuse to call it 'The GeforceFX')

so, when are we going to get a ballpark price? (i know it's going to be about $400 :( )

EluSiOn

i forgot where I saw it...

fx version is US$400 and the fx pro version is $500

one is 128mb and one is 256mb

Punkmasterflick

baqai you're right about the voodoo question, they say in the reviews that the info they got from 3dfx is indeed in this card.

cack01

The image quality has left me in awww. Even though they are all NVIDIA demos they are just breath taking. Especially the Dawn demo. Thats the first I've seen of the car one and it looks awsome.

I don't care if this thing only gives me 40 FPS, if it can give image quality like that, I feel its the best thing since sliced bread. (the non moldy kind)

PreservedSwine

cack01 said:
The image quality has left me in awww. Even though they are all NVIDIA demos they are just breath taking. Especially the Dawn demo. Thats the first I've seen of the car one and it looks awsome.

I don't care if this thing only gives me 40 FPS, if it can give image quality like that, I feel its the best thing since sliced bread. (the non moldy kind)

I agree, I mage quality can realy spoil you. Once you get the type of detail that you just can't get on other cards, people just don't understand when you say you'd rather have a fluid 50 fps with stunning visuals than 100+ w/out the detail.:)