• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia 30 series.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I just saw the pricing levels of the 3080 being $699 USD. As such, it comes in at a price point that I can consider over time. What I'm waiting to see is how it compares to the 2080 Super and how these perform with F@H.

While I know that it is far too early right now, I'm hoping that if anyone sees any results from early adopters of these cards would link those results in the forums. If I'm, going to spend $700, I want the best bang for the buck.

This has been an ongoing plan to upgrade my dying farm. I'm tiered of you OC geeks knocking me out of the top 10 week after week. I mean: "You go girl." and all. More powa to ya and all but I cannot let that stand. Week after week you guys show your strength. I can't let you young un's make me look as old as I'm becoming.... I mean... ... ... ah shut up.

Well here is something to make your mouth drool.

Specs
GeForce RTX 3090GeForce RTX 3080GeForce RTX 3070
NVIDIA CUDA Cores1049687045888
Boost Clock (GHz)1.701.711.73
Memory Size24 GB10 GB8 GB
Memory TypeGDDR6XGDDR6XGDDR6

I certainly wouldn't make a move until I see what AMD has been cooking. The minute AMD releases something, all the prices are going to shift.

Pretty interesting stuff. I'm folding with a single 2080TI right now and would really like to see how these compare for folding.

IMO I think the new release will open up the 2000 series used market for many that want to upgrade folding rigs, but not spend the money for a 3000 series card.
I'm waiting to see what AMD has to offer, but feel I'll be picking up the 3080 for my gamer (and folding). I was shocked to see it listed at my self-imposed max cost.

I certainly wouldn't make a move until I see what AMD has been cooking. The minute AMD releases something, all the prices are going to shift.

Also, Nvidia may push out 3070/3080 ti or super variants if needed.

I got it covered...(Mentioned over in the Nvidia 300 series thread so I won't repeat it here))

I will be getting a 3080 as soon as I can get an order in....I almost pulled the trigger on a 2080 6 months ago, glad I waited.

To be first, I am on Nividia's notify list for both the FE 3080 and FE 3090 then you have to race to get your order in. I got my FE 1080 Ti in the first week this way 3 1/2 years ago.

I am confident enough in the FE model's cooling and performance, most folks will wait to see what the vendors come out with.

I don't think so ...AMD did not do a whole lot to bring 2080 Ti prices down. Unless you count the $1000 models. I know $700 doesn't sound super reasonable , but after the 2080 Ti prices and the fact that even the lower priced 3070 out performs it. These prices are palatable.

I never pay any attention to AMD because of there lower fah performance.

RTX 2080 price?...Very good
RTX fah PPD?...Very good
Keeping the folding Boss Don out of the top 10? PRICELESS
:chair::sn::D:D

Last edited:
I haven't seen any official specs from NVIDIA on the CUDA core counts...so I would take anything you see now with a grain of salt...

I haven't seen any official specs from NVIDIA on the CUDA core counts...so I would take anything you see now with a grain of salt...
8704 for the 3080...10496 for the 3090...

around 4352 for RTX 2080 Ti FE...So if that means anything?? Maybe finish a WU twice as fast? :drool: Just speculating....:shrug:

The specs I posted are from NVIDIA, now granted that may change on launch date :)

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/

Yeah - saw them - I didn't think they released anything official yet.

The 2080 Ti has 4,352 Cuda Cores...the 3090 has 10,496 Cuda Cores. If the max clock stays the same, we are looking at a potential 2.4 times INCREASE in folding power.

My 2080 Ti cards do between 3.3 and 3.8 million PPD depending on the work unit.

If (and I stress if) the max clocks in the 3090 are the same 2,100 MHz on the 3090, you are looking at 1 GPU than can pull in 7.9 to 9.1 million PPD...

WOWOWOW

:drool:

Back