• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia 3000 series water block sightings thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BugFreak

With water blocks for the new 3000 series cards almost as hard to find as the cards themselves I thought I would start a thread so we can post where they are in stock. My yearly rebuild of my loop is in March and I plan to add my 3080 to the loop at that time. Hopefully by then I can find a block. If you find a block in stock somewhere please post in the thread.

Titan Rig has Bitspower for reference, Founders, STRIX and TUF blocks in stock as of 1/14.
https://www.titanrig.com/custom-pc-cooling/water-blocks/gpu.html?nvidia_gpu_type=2341,2342

ModMyMods has a couple reference blocks and STRIX in stock as of 3/29.
https://modmymods.com/aquacomputer-kryographics-next-rtx-3080-rtx-3090-23684.html

Performance PCs has quite a few in stock. Primarily ek but also Alphacool. ASUS Strix, TUF, some non FTW3 eVGA as of 1/14.
https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/water-blocks/water-blocks-vga.html

Alphacool has multiple listed for sale on their website. 3/29 In stock at this time.
https://www.alphacool.com/shop/grafikkarten-wasserkuehler/nvidia-fullsize/?p=1

Optimus Water Cooling is now dropping stock every Friday at 12 eastern. 3/29 In stock at this time.
https://optimuspc.com/products/absolute-gpu-block-ftw3-3080-3090

12/30 Edit: Updated Titan Rig and added Performance PCs.

1/14 Edit: Added Alphacool website. Unfortunately it now has no estimated date for their blocks on their website and the 3080/90 FTW3 block was removed all together from the Titan Rig website. They only have the reference listed now.

1/22 Edit: Alphacool is shipping via PPCs and changed their site with an estimate.

2/5 Edit: Added Optimus to the list.

3/29 Edit: Optimus and Alphacool in stock.

4/9 Edit Optimus and Alphacool blocks in stock at their websites.

Last edited:
Updated info and added PPCs. ETA for Alphacool FTW3 blocks on both their website and PPCs is two weeks.

Funny, all the time I had my 970 Strix I could never find a block for it but eVGA blocks were everywhere. Now that I have an eVGA card only Strix are in stock. :bang head

Anyways, updated with some new stock info.

I'm starting to consider going liquid for my FTW3 3090, but I've already got an EK AIO for my CPU. I guess I'd have to decide either to do a dual loop or something, I dunno. I don't like the AIO options for my 3090, the EVGA version is only a 240mm rad, which I don't think I'd like. If I'm going to the trouble, I think a 360 is my best bet.

the EVGA version is only a 240mm rad, which I don't think I'd like.
A single 120mm does the job with 250W card (I had EVGA 2080S Hybrid - temps never broke 62C), I'm sure 2x120mm will still be a ton better than air even with 350W+. :)

A single 120mm does the job with 250W card (I had EVGA 2080S Hybrid - temps never broke 62C), I'm sure 2x120mm will still be a ton better than air even with 350W+. :)

It probably would, but the new BIOS supposedly allows you to draw over 500W... but it might be a good excuse to put in a full WC setup. :D

That's a hell of a bios!

Don't forget about the r9 295x2 (500w) that used a single 120mm and kept it under boiling. :rofl:

I wouldn't go below a 3x120 for the 3080 personally. Anything smaller will work I'm sure but the fans will need to be quite fast and loud to cool it efficiently imo.

I've seen a couple posts around of people receiving shipping notifications for the Alphacool FTW3 block from PPCs so they are coming in. No clue how long the pre-order list is though. Still would like to see some all copper blocks coming out but so far only seen nickel plated pieces for the FTW3.

My BIOS last night showed 460W or so on GPU-Z. I haven't really tried pushing things too much, just set the slider on X1 to 119%, I don't know how much I can get into changing voltages and such. I can run the Superposition January bench at +1300 memory and +200 core clock, so I'd like to see if I can go higher. Temp isn't a problem so far, I keep under 70 max on the benchmark for GPU and 57 for the CPU clocked at 4.4.

I wouldn't go below a 3x120 for the 3080 personally. Anything smaller will work I'm sure but the fans will need to be quite fast and loud to cool it efficiently imo.

I've seen a couple posts around of people receiving shipping notifications for the Alphacool FTW3 block from PPCs so they are coming in. No clue how long the pre-order list is though. Still would like to see some all copper blocks coming out but so far only seen nickel plated pieces for the FTW3.
They're plenty of folks on the nvidia subreddit and teamevga subreddit that have the hybrid and it keeps their cards quite cool under load.

They're plenty of folks on the nvidia subreddit and teamevga subreddit that have the hybrid and it keeps their cards quite cool under load.
I would expect as much considering how the single 120mm did with 250W on a 2080S. I never heard that fan on the radiator, even after hours long gaming sessions.

I've got enough rad space and fan space in my case, I could really easily do 360x3 radiators with quiet fans, even push/pull fans AND thick radiators on at least 2 of those 3. I'm just a little nervous of committing to something like that - haven't spent the time to look into parts and costs, but I'd be afraid I'd end up $1k for the who watercooling setup.

I've got enough rad space and fan space in my case, I could really easily do 360x3 radiators with quiet fans, even push/pull fans AND thick radiators on at least 2 of those 3. I'm just a little nervous of committing to something like that - haven't spent the time to look into parts and costs, but I'd be afraid I'd end up $1k for the who watercooling setup.
Careful it happens very easily ..... $1000 doesn't last as long anymore it can be a dangerous pit you climb into.

Careful it happens very easily ..... $1000 doesn't last as long anymore it can be a dangerous pit you climb into.

Right, I'm really not overly worried about spending the money... I'm about to drop a few hundred on RGB stuff. But with what I've spent lately, I kinda should try to keep it a little low-key so The Wife doesn't lose her eyeballs rolling them back in her head at me.

:rofl:

Less lights, moar cooling. :D

You don't need an arseload of radiators to cool these things... even with low fan noise. You can likely save some coin on cooling keeping that in mind. :thup:

To put it in perspective, I'm going to water cool the 3080 strix along with my overclocked 10980XE using 4x120mm radiator with 4x 120mm yate Loon fans set to low. I doubt I'll see temps over 65C on the gpu... cpu will likely hit my 90c limit when stress testing (low 80s with 3x120 all to itself).

Last edited:
I agree... I don't need it. Heck, I don't need it now. With my case open and fans cranked I don't hit 70 on the GPU. But I just like making things and I like them to be overbuilt. Stereo in my truck is over 7kw and 3 alternators. In my little hatchback it's only 4.5kw and 300A alt. lol "Overbuilt for my needs" is kinda my motto.

:rofl:

These new cards and cpu's are so much easier to cool you can get by with less, for me thats hard to remember when coming from running the FX 8XXX chips for so long. I'm fortunate I have everything from prior builds just need to update blocks as needed. My new block came in for my 6900XT yesterday I'll be tearing down and updating my loop tomorrow. Its due for a cleaning anyway.

It's been a while since I was into car audio. I used to install that stuff professionally in another life (25 years ago). My ears constantly ring now..................:(

Back