• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia active armor firewall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

How do I turn it off can't find a app. shortcut, no options in bios. On nforce4 boards it is hardware I thought, but no mention of it in bios. :comp:

Daddyjaxx

Isn't it software? Nothing to uninstall under add remove programs under Nvidia drivers? Try to uninstall the Nvidia drivers and it should come up with a Window to select GPU, chipset, etc.

OP
Edward78

Edward78

Isn't it software? Nothing to uninstall under add remove programs under Nvidia drivers? Try to uninstall the Nvidia drivers and it should come up with a Window to select GPU, chipset, etc.

There is the Forceware network access manager, I am not that sure about uninstalling that though.

Old Thrashbarg

There is the Forceware network access manager, I am not that sure about uninstalling that though.

Get rid of it, that's part of the firewall.

As a matter of fact, just uninstall all your chipset drivers, and go get the "Fernando's optimized Nforce driverpack" from the NforcersHQ forums. He basically pieced together the best driver versions for each individual device, left out the crap like the firewall, and put it all together into a nice installer package. It works far better than the official Nvidia packages, and it's considerably more up-to-date for the older chipsets too.

madhatter256

Special Member
If you accidentally installed the firewall, you can remove it by going into Add/Remove programs and click on Uninstall NVidia drivers and when it runs it will show you a check box on what you want to uninstall and will show up in there.