• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia/ATI mounting hole positions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTA

Hi,

I'm building a waterblock for a GFX card, and I need it to be as adaptable as possible. Basically, I want to have holes in the top plate to fit it to any of the following cards.

Nvidia GF3 ( Ti and standard )
Nvidia GF4 ( Ti+MX )

ATI 8000 series
ATI 9000 series

What I need are the mounting hole positions on each series, and also your observations on cards you own, specifically cards that do not adhere to the mounting specs laid out by the manufacturer.

I have searched the net and found nothing, and also e-mailed ATI and Nvidia asking for this information, but I think at the first sign of watercooling, they ran and hid screaming "VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!"

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

GTA

Cube

In an article just posted today on the news page it shows this:

80 mm Hole Distance
nVidea GeForce 4 Ti 4200, 4600 & 4800 Series
nVidea GeForce FX Series

55 mm Hole Distance
ATi Radeon 8500, 9000, 9500, 9700 & 9800 Deries
nVidea GeForce 2 Series
nVidea GeForce 3 Ti, MX Series
nVidea GeForce 4 MX Series

Here is a link to the article: Vantec IceBerq4 Test

OP
GTA

GTA

Cheers for that.

The only problem is, I also need to know the size of the holes, and their general orientation, for example, on those coolers, it doesn't matter if their upside down, or what ever, but because of the way the waterblock barbs have to be pointing up to the top of the card, I'd have to get the orientation right as well.

eg. What angle, in relation to the top of the card, is the line going betweem the holes?