• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia fast sync

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

I was looking into gsync monitors today after getting annoyed by tearing and came across a youtube video about nvidia fast sync. did everyone else already know about this but me:p? i tried it in bf1 and it works. just have to disable vsync in game and and enable fast sync in nvidia control panel. voila no tearing above my monitors refresh rate with what feels like way less lag than regular vsync. it can't do anything for you if you dip under your refresh rate like gsync can but most enthusiasts are probably hitting 60+ anyhow. not sure how i missed this when it came out. pretty awesome.

It was introduced with the new Pascal GPU's, I would hazard a bet that most people that bought one don't know about it either :)

It was introduced with the new Pascal GPU's, I would hazard a bet that most people that bought one don't know about it either :)
i'm psyched nvidia finally did something kind of nice. btw i just realized i could just activate it globally instead of one game at a time. good stuff. i'm a little bummed that it doesn't help under the monitors refresh since i'll be gaming in 4k soon and will probably dip under 60 in more demanding games. don't really feel like spending $900 on a 4k gsync monitor at the moment but fast sync is really cool for 1440p and under until video cards get strong enough for 60+ fps in 4k. ill still use it either way.

EDIT:i believe you have to have maxwell or newer to use this. also, enabling globally doesn't seem to work in tomb raider for one. had to set it specifically for the game. not it works great.

Last edited:
just turned it on as well and it makes a HUGE difference in World of Tanks! I only have a 27" 4k 60hz monitor, but this made it WAY smoother! I was about to upgrade to a 1440p monitor, but I dont think Ill need to after this. At least for a while!

after a day of too much bf1 i'm definitely playing better. that feeling of moving through water isn't there like with normal vsync. it was subtle but definitely messing up my aim and timing. i don't know if fast sync is fast enough for pros but for a semi casual that enjoys winning sometimes it's a good balance of visuals and speed. i'll be using it from now on.

I tried this today on my 60 Hz 4K monitor. Made a huge difference...I can notice less input lag.

Also, my GPU is now running full speed in titles it would only push 50% before.

Thanks for posting!

I tried this today on my 60 Hz 4K monitor. Made a huge difference...I can notice less input lag.

Also, my GPU is now running full speed in titles it would only push 50% before.

Thanks for posting!

no problem. i'm surprised this isn't more popular. i can't live without it now. i wonder if amd has anything similar? i was hoping for a vega review but if going amd means giving up fast sync then i'm afraid i'm officiallt an nvidia guy now. this is just too good.

Back