• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia Pascal announcement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoXQi3x

Got opp real early to catch this even thought it's just marketing - still got a surprise.
Those clock speeds, that TDP - I am running a few 980s and 970s right now :)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10304/nvidia-announces-the-geforce-gtx-1080-1070

Need to keep cool thought, I remember when I got Maxwell early and it didn't fold well. Also, there's bound to be a Ti edition in ..6-9 months?
Probably will test one 980 on launch though :)

Last edited:
Looks like Nvidia will again be the way to go for folding. The GTX 1080 will probably get 1 million ppd or more on stock clocks. Easily. The Gtx 1070 is supposed to be faster than a Titan X so that might reach 1 millon ppd on a good overclock. The GTX 1080ti will be out later but I doubt it will be worth the premium in folding. I believe it will have HDM 2 which will be great for games.

All told, we will see some powerful rigs very soon.

I've been waiting for these cards. Decided a while back that I'd waited too long to step up to Maxwell so I might as well wait for Pascal, and from the looks of things I'm glad I did. They are coming a little sooner than I wanted, I was hoping for september, after my summer folding break. Going to be spendier than I was hoping too... Will be nice to finally run an up to date driver though, instead of the legacy driver my 770 keeps me in.

Well I definitely need to do something different if I'm ever going to catch up with your ppd. I can't see that you will get a big boost from the 980 to the 1080 but we'll see what it comes out to be.

Back