• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia Titan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I highly doubt this can be true.

This would kill the market for the older 600 series fully. I highly doubt this.

This didnt take long or much paint skills, it could be a fake so easily :thup:

Attachments

• 306a.jpg
    306a.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
I highly doubt this can be true.

This would kill the market for the older 600 series fully. I highly doubt this.
Isnt that what new gen cards do though... when they are released? I mean, this is a huge difference, if true, but... midrange new gen matches/beats top last gen, no? Also, that price is obnoxious (though fitting for the performance), again if true, and wont put a dent in the market, IMO.

Also, those in the know can easily look at the breakdown of the scores and see if that portion was faked.

Isnt that what new gen cards do though... when they are released? I mean, this is a huge difference, if true, but... midrange new gen matches/beats top last gen, no? Also, that price is obnoxious (though fitting for the performance), again if true, and wont put a dent in the market, IMO.

Think about it, if they triple price and performance, next to the 600 series, it would leave a giant gap in their range. Its last years top model, or triple the price for our very top.. Seems kinda daft in my mind to leave such a huge gap in the market :screwy:

Think back..a lot of times, a top end card comes out first then the midrange and lower end comes in (always exceptions). The product line will fill up... it takes time. And sometimes, like with the 8800GTX, the card is simply a monster compared to last gen high end and there will be gaps. People flipped their lid at the what, $600 price of the 8800gtx when it was released, but in time, and once there was competition, that price came down and the midrange cards filled in.. and you get great bang for your buck cards like the 8800gt.

Again assuming its true, LOL!

Still, $900 for a single-GPU card is probably the highest I've ever noticed. I can't imagine many selling, even if it has that high of performance.

Still, $900 for a single-GPU card is probably the highest I've ever noticed. I can't imagine many selling, even if it has that high of performance.
Exactly my point... its not going to make a dent in the market... and time will bring out the midrange... The entire line has never come out at once. :thup:

Think back..a lot of times, a top end card comes out first then the midrange and lower end comes in (always exceptions). The product line will fill up... it takes time. And sometimes, like with the 8800GTX, the card is simply a monster compared to last gen high end and there will be gaps. People flipped their lid at the what, $600 price of the 8800gtx when it was released, but in time, and once there was competition, that price came down and the midrange cards filled in.. and you get great bang for your buck cards like the 8800gt.

I guess your right, this will force Ati to make 8000 special or bring out the 9000 faster.

I will be taking donations for mine :p $900 is a steep price even for better than the previous gen dual GPU.

+1 on this.

If the perfomance is there, i could buy this thing instead of a SLI 670's or 680's. I run a surround 5760x1080 and if a single card can max it out, ill take it. I wait for good deal on a second GTX670, paid 310$ for my first one without MIR a month after it came out. IF i wait for similar or better deal, the SLI will cost me ~650$ with tax. If a single GPU that take less space and wont have usual SLI issue in some games beat or equal the SLI for a little more money ... i take it !

800-900$ when they go on market, 600-700 a few months later, I BUY !

If they limit the sub-vendor to the exact model they make, i dont think we will see any price drop anytime soon .... Look at the GTX690, its price hardly moved since release.

I would like to see a GK110 asus DCII with better VRMs, or a EVGA GK110 Classified, MSI Lightning... etc !

Don't models that are modified usually cost more than reference? Bettercoolers and better power bits I have to think cost more? Imo, Part of the reason the 690 hasnt dropped in price was it's performance crown it held/holds and I can't imagine many were made compared to lower end gpus.

Don't models that are modified usually cost more than reference? Bettercoolers and better power bits I have to think cost more?

Usually but not alwais. Asus DCII cards often have good deals ans MIR if you like MIR ;) I buyed my 650TI DCII for 125$, this is the price of a 650 non TI and the card have a better PCB and cooling.

Usually but not alwais. Asus DCII cards often have good deals ans MIR if you like MIR ;) I buyed my 650TI DCII for 125$, this is the price of a 650 non TI and the card have a better PCB and cooling.
lol MSRP dude. Not sales. For Petes sake reference cards go on sale too though if you want to play that game.. you silly sometimes.

lol MSRP dude. Not sales. For Petes sake reference cards go on sale too though if you want to play that game.. you silly sometimes.

Those who buy cards at full price are silly sometimes ;)

And for reference, im a french canadian, my english is not alwais perfect. This can lead to some kinda weird english writing from me ;)

How many GTX 690s have been sold?

I wouldn't worry about this card not selling, it would move into the 690s old niche, what I would worry about selling is the GTX 790, which...

$2000 price GFX card?

Now that probably won't sell.

The faster memory bus and more GDDR per GPU is what strikes my interest. When driving a 7860x1440 (11.3M pixels) setup (3x 2560x1440), you not only need hardcore GPU performance but a memory bus and sufficient GDDR to back it up.

125$ is only possible in the US it seems. My location they go for 180$ at least. :shock: So when compared to that price, my AMP was the better deal because it got awesome memory OC out of the box and is very quiet. On top of that, so much cooling and cooler size in order to tackle 110W TDP is totaly overkill. A 650Ti processor can stay below 60C even at hardcore gaming and a cooler half that size. There is no need for cooling performance higher than that, except someone is OCing like crazy, but thats not me.

Back