• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nylon bolts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In the Wisconsin area, many Hardware Hanks and Our Own Hardware stores carry nylon screws, washers and nuts. Not in large quantities, but at least they have them.

Hoot

zeus_17 said:
i need 6/32 nylon bolts. anyone know where i can get some.
thanx

Sears Hardware stores sell stuff like this ... I bought some 8-32 nylon bolts to mount a hard drive that was vibrating ... I assume they also have 6-32 as well. If not, try, McMaster-Carr ... they have everything mailorder / online! Good luck.

Koooler King

What department would the nylon bolts be in? I hate asking for help in big stores. They just look at me like I'm asking a question about china unless I'm already within 5 feet of whatever I'm looking for (and they weren't just walking by).

PS don't say "hardware", I mean where in a hardware store :rolleyes:

Ace is the place with the helpful hardware.
Ugmore, just look for screws, nuts, and bolts. There are normally trays full of boxes for all this stuff.

Bender, I think that the DD blocks use 4/40 or 6/32

Ugmore Baggage said:
What department would the nylon bolts be in? I hate asking for help in big stores. They just look at me like I'm asking a question about china unless I'm already within 5 feet of whatever I'm looking for (and they weren't just walking by).

PS don't say "hardware", I mean where in a hardware store :rolleyes:

Go to a Sears "Hardware" store as opposed to a regular Sears mall-type retail store (as those tend to have a more limited selection). In a Sears Hardware store, they usually have a full aisle, typically in a middle aisle in the back of the store, dedicated to fasteners. They will have shelves full of pre-packaged fasteners of all sorts along with bins and pullout drawers of specialty stuff. It is in the specialty drawers where you will find nylon fasteners. Home Depot and others package stuff the same way, maybe they have the same, but I have found the Sears Hardware stores to most often have the better selection. Good Luck!

Koooler King

PS: I own no stock in Sears:)

Back