• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nzxt h510 hotbox or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundhunter

Registered
Hi everyone!
I'm planning an upgrade. The case I chose is the nzxt H510. But I'm not sure whether it's ok for my build or not.
specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
ryzen 5900x
noctua nh-d15
palit 3090 GamingPro OC
2 ssd evo 970 1tb + evo 970 plus 2tb
G.Skill Trident Z RGB

As you can see there's a hot cpu + air cooling (but I'm thinking of using custom water cooling later. not sure tho) + not the best airflow (as I've heard). I've seen some tests where they tested airflow and apparently the front fans do nothing. Still lots of people say that the temps aren't that high. I'm a bit confused here. What do you think, will 510 be ok or I have to look for something like meshify c?

I would recommend something like Lian-Li O11, but with air cooling, it looks a bit weird. It's more for water cooling. I have two rigs in the O11 cases, one in standard and one in air version (plastic front and top with holes for additional airflow). The standard version has Ryzen 5900X+RTX3070 inside, but the CPU is cooled by 360 Enermax AIO.

Back