• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT Noctis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cspencer

Registered
Looking to start my new build with this case. Curious to see what the forums thought about it? I really like the idea of a PSU shroud which is what drew me to this case. If anyone has a good recommendations for a case that will have water cooling that would be awesome.

Last edited:

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Not my style, but seems fine.

The NZXT site shows what size radiators will fit it (most all do). I loved my Corsair Carbide Air 540.

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Tho is shows plenty of fan options , there's too much airflow blockage with how the panels are designed.

You will have temp issues if you decide to go watercooling with this case. The Corsair Carbide Air 540 is a better choice.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Convenient to watercool in an Air 540, all your mess gets hidden in the back too.
Link in my sig to the rig I built a while back in one.

OP
cspencer

cspencer

Registered
--

- - - Updated - - -

Tho is shows plenty of fan options , there's too much airflow blockage with how the panels are designed.

You will have temp issues if you decide to go watercooling with this case. The Corsair Carbide Air 540 is a better choice.

I looked at the Corsair 540 and I like it... I'm very limited on desk space and I know 5 inches doesn't sound like much, but with 2 screens, large Wacom tablet, keyboard and mouse it gets very tight.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Thanks! I enjoyed it, but have since built my gaming rig (much) smaller. The Hadron is my favorite yet.

Front grille; you take two screws out of the rear, remove the top grille, then slide out the front grille. Was pretty easy.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
I use a NZXT Noctis case in my sig...works great! 280 mm AIO radiator, and 120 mm 980 Ti radiator. Not the best airflow for a case, but it's decent.

The case can easily fit 2 360 mm radiators...1 up top and 1 in front.

The case also has an integrated fan hub.

The tray for the power supply is nice...totally hides the cables. It's only a pain when you want to add more cables to the PSU (assuming modular)...but that doesn't happen very often

OP
cspencer

cspencer

Registered
Looks Awesome!!!

Noob question: Is your RAM lit up? If so what is powering it? The dimm slot or is it plugged into the power supply via cable?

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
4 sticks are lit up, the other 4 are white with no LEDs. The RAM type is in my signature...there is not a separate power cable for the RAM.

The RAM LEDs pulse...at a rate that corresponds to their temperature (it's not configurable).

OP
cspencer

cspencer

Registered
Finished the build

nzxt Noctic 450
Corsair H100i
I5 6600K
Asus Sabertooth z170
G.Skill F4-3200c16d-GT 16GB
EVGA SuperNova 850 G2
Samsung 850 evo 250GB